Pssst Wanna buy a Speidel Braumiester

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigsaarz

Reaction score
www.homebrewwest.ie/speidel-braumeister-231-c.asp, Brian at Home brew west has agreed to discount the Speidel Braumeister by 23% by removing the sales tax(v.a.t.) it is sold in Ireland for 1463.70 Euro with discount makes it 1127 Euro plus 140 Euro shipping by Fedex to the U.S.A. conversion makes that $1651U.S (approx)for the 20litre Braumeister delivered, duty and taxes to be paid by purchaser which I believe is not that much in the States. I reckon purchaser would save about $700 to $800, could be wrong I don't know much about your taxes and duties, they are easily checked on line though. I got mine using regular air mail and it arrived in Oz in 1 piece, they are very well packed and that cost me 80 Euro from Germany.
But for the extra few Euro Fedex would be the way to go as it would include insurance.

USA doesn't pay VAT taxes, at least none of the eurpean places I've ever bought from ever charged me VAT taxes

EDIT - come to think of it, every time I bought something from europe, they explicitly told me that they didn't need to charge VAT tax since I'm in the US

USA doesn't pay VAT taxes, at least none of the eurpean places I've ever bought from ever charged me VAT taxes

EDIT - come to think of it, every time I bought something from europe, they explicitly told me that they didn't need to charge VAT tax since I'm in the US

I know that but Brian didn't, vat only applies to residents of that country so now he has agreed to take it off, there are some retailers wouldn't have a clue on how to put through a tax credit and therefore charge the tax.

Back