Albany Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmendo2005

Reaction score
Hey guys I know there's a few from Albany at least, was just wondering if you have gone through the trouble of having the water checked and if you treat it at all?

I don't live in Albany (live on the other side of the river - East) so I can't comment on Albany's water. I have a well, the water tastes ok, but I having been using water from Spring Avenue, after which I noticed an improvement in the taste of my batches. I also was in the same time frame going from extract to all-grain, so at some point I will need to do a controlled experiment (do two parrallel batches, one with my well water and one with water from Spring Avenue).

I've had some interesting conversations there (Spring Avenue) with people who are filling up a few water jugs and I am filling 8 5-6 gallon containers. :)

I don't live in Albany (live on the other side of the river - East) so I can't comment on Albany's water. I have a well, the water tastes ok, but I having been using water from Spring Avenue, after which I noticed an improvement in the taste of my batches. I also was in the same time frame going from extract to all-grain, so at some point I will need to do a controlled experiment (do two parrallel batches, one with my well water and one with water from Spring Avenue).

I've had some interesting conversations there (Spring Avenue) with people who are filling up a few water jugs and I am filling 8 5-6 gallon containers. :)

East Greenbush here,where you at?

Back