Is my beer ruined? Episode 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StunnedMonkey

Reaction score
I know they say just wait it out, but I don't think it's helping. Last night I was drinking an imperial pint of Jamil's Red Rocket clone and I reached for it clumsily and knocked it over all over the nightstand. It immediately spread all over the surface, dripped down the front into the half-open sock drawer (I haven't been able to close that drawer all the way in 5 years) and some soaked into the carpet. I let out an "Oh Fark!"

Anyway, I listened to Revvy and just left it alone. Time heals all he says. But this morning it was much worse. Sticky and smelly, possibly infected. Is it too late to save? How would I get it back into the glass?

Is my beer ruined?

It just needs a simple rehydration, is all. Add just a little bit of water, use a sponge (sanitized, of course) to soak it all up, then back into the glass. If you're an expert brewer like me, you'd use a Shamwow instead of a sponge. Those things LOVE cola, and beer even better.

It just needs a simple rehydration, is all. Add just a little bit of water, use a sponge (sanitized, of course) to soak it all up, then back into the glass. If you're an expert brewer like me, you'd use a Shamwow instead of a sponge. Those things LOVE cola, and beer even better.
Do you sleep? I saw posts from you at 3 am and here it is less than six hours later. I'm starting to believe you are always here, watching.:D

Sleep? Oh I remember that. I used to do that awhile ago. No more since the graveyard shi*t kicked in. So yes, now I'm here, and I have my eye on you. Just... not that part of you.

+1 to the Shamwow says Vince.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwRISkyV_B8]YouTube - ShamWow (Full Length)[/ame]

Dang. I could have used the Shamwow last evening. But...I'm suspicious of the video editing here. Not enough continuity. Too many cuts. Then again if it was on TV and now on the InterWebs, it must be legit. I'm gettin' me a few today. Sham. Wow.

Dude! No need for fragile beer bottles - just ShamWow! a couple pints...

Think they'd hold carbonation?

Dude! No need for fragile beer bottles - just ShamWow! a couple pints...

I think you're onto something here. Just rack the brew into a bottling bucket, toss in 40 shamwows, cover, and put the whole bucket into the fridge. Whenever you want a homebrew just pull out one shamwow and wring into a pint glass.

What could possibly be easier?

Once I cut off my left foot. In between the the cutting - stupid chainsaw - and the application of the tourniquet, I sopped up all the arterial spray with my trusty collection of ShamWow! cloths. All my ER doc had to do was squeeze the ShamWow!s into a IV drip bottle, and back in goes the blood! I didn't even use any donor plasma.

Thanks, ShamWow!

18106400id2.jpg

Once I cut off my left foot. In between the the cutting - stupid chainsaw - and the application of the tourniquet, I sopped up all the arterial spray with my trusty collection of ShamWow! cloths. All my ER doc had to do was squeeze the ShamWow!s into a IV drip bottle, and back in goes the blood! I didn't even use any donor plasma.

Thanks, ShamWow!

18106400id2.jpg

Oh hell, that's nothing. While we tried the get pregnant the second time, I, um, missed. But thanks to ShamWow, sopped that up and squeezed into into the correct spot.

Bingo. Thanks, ShamWow.:)

Geez. I don't mind a little post whoring, but you guys have completely lost track of my original question. Is my beer ruined or not?

Geez. I don't mind a little post whoring, but you guys have completely lost track of my original question. Is my beer ruined or not?

Yes, it's ruined, you suck, should never brew again and ship - at your expense - all of your equipment, ingredients and already-brewed beer to me.

After that, go and jump in front of a train so Evan! can come and dance on your grave singing "Hallelujah".

:fro:

Latest posts

Back