Bigger Mash Tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gear101

Reaction score
Need some help with a bigger mash tun? I picked two 70q coolers form a friend cheap. I have 2 of 12" Bazooka Screen and a No Weld Homebrew Kettle Valve Conversion Kit – Brass. I was thinking one of two things, first the simple way would be to just use one of the Bazooka and the Valve and the other way would be to make a U-shaped manifold, then put the two Bazookas on the end of that. Which do you think would be best?

DSCF4029.jpg

DSCF4030.jpg

Either plan would work but if you've got the two bazooka tubes and you wanted to use both of them, that would decrease the chance of it plugging up when you sparge.
I'm not sure if that's a real problem. I've never had one plug but there are lots of grain bills and I've only done a small amount in the big picture.

You wont gain anything in flow rate really since you are able to feed the ball valve as much as it can handle with one screen and that's a faster flow rate than you are going to do when you are brewing anyway.

Back