should I bottle or let it sit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liesea

Reaction score
I have an extract barlywine sitting in secondary at the moment. It was in primary for a month and secondary for another month. The OG was 1.084 and it has stopped at 1.028. The FG seems a little high. Should I bottle this and let it age in bottles? would this have any effect on the final product? Since summer is soon approaching my other question is how important is temperature control at this point? What is the max temp i should allow my beer to get.

That's about 67% attenuated... Which seems just slightly low to me. Depending on the kind of yeast and the size of the starter I would say you should probably expect 70-75% attenuation (or a FG of 1.025-1.021). So again, your pretty close...

-What size starter did you make for that big beer?

IMO on the max storage temp, I wouldn't go much beyond room temp. Maybe someone else can chime in on his temperature/storage question?

I used a 1.5 liter starter of neobrittania. should i add more yeast before bottling or will there still be enough yeast left for bottling carbing

Back