UPS shipped Ingredients and the holidays

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmashl

Reaction score
I ordered a kit on Friday, shipped today(monday). I usually get my package on Thursday, but with the holiday, I will not get them till next Monday. My question is...If my package is sitting in a truck somewhere for that long, will possible cold weather affect the ingredients?

What are the ingredients?
Where are they coming from?

You're in WI, correct?
Grains, LME, DME, yeast (dry), etc. are really not going to be affected at all. Liquid yeast, maybe; if it's sitting in a truck that's outside & in freezing temps.

Relax. Don't worry..............

I wouldn't worry about them being cold either. You could check to see if you could pick the package up at the depot.Might save some time if they have someone there.

ok guys thanx for easing my mind. I agree cold is better than hot. the ingredients are coming from AHS in Austin,TX and going to Green Bay(Home of them Packers). Usually the package gets to Northern Il by Wed. night. Delivered on Thurs, but wasn't thinking about the holiday when I ordered.

I used to go to the UPS hub that was a bit further up the street from where I worked in Cleveland. I'd just go up there after work to the hub & pick it up. They used to save back packages to certain outlying areas till they had enough to be worth the longer trip.
That's why I check the Fed-Ex home delivery option now. They hire extra drivers/trucks/vans during peak times. I get my stuff tipically a day or more sooner than expected. I've gotten stuff from midwest 2 days after ordering.
Ordering stuff from the nearest state to me keeps things timely if I use Fed-Ex. Stuff arrives in great condition as well. Even from amazon.

Back