Help me get a job at the brewery!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best of luck to you. It sounds like you have a real shot at it.

Keep us posted!

Good luck. Research the heck out of their beers and their history tonight. Never know when a tidbit of information will be useful.

Good luck fightguy. Alaskan would definitely be a great brewery to be associated with. We're all pulling for ya.:mug:

Wow, just read this thread from the beginning and now, I'm excited for you, too! Second interview - that's great!

Good luck, fightguy. Definitely keep us posted - we're pulling for you!

I just got back from my second interview. I think things went pretty well this time around, so hopefully they make the right decision (hiring me). They said that the second interviews should be all done by Tuesday and they will let me know one way or another by the end of next week.

I want this job so bad I can taste it, and it tastes just like their Baltic Porter. On second though, maybe that taste is from the beers I just drank there :mug:

Man,

I'm really pulling for you. I live close to Wash. D.C. and last Friday night I went to a beer tasting sponsored by this Alaskan society here. They had several of the Alaskan Brewing beers. Pretty good stuff all around. I think we're all living vicariously through you and are almost as excited as you are!

I can't wait to hear how this ends up!:mug:

Good luck man! regardless of the pay, I bet it will be a fun and interesting job, if not personally gratifying.

wish I could say that about my job, even if it does pay well :(

Congratulations!!

(when do you start shipping us free beer for all the good thoughts?) :D

Chad

WOOHOO! Thats awesome fightguy!

They're building a brewpub in the tiny tourist town I work in and I'm hoping I can get at least a part time job there this summer.

So, what will you be doing? Do you know yet?

Alamo_Beer said:
WOOHOO! Thats awesome fightguy!

They're building a brewpub in the tiny tourist town I work in and I'm hoping I can get at least a part time job there this summer.

So, what will you be doing? Do you know yet?
I would imagine that I'll be doing a lot of grunt work and cleaning, with a very small portion of my time actually brewing, but I can't wait to get in there and get my hands dirty

Congrats man! Gotta start somewhere... and if you are starting at the bottom you can only go up! Give it a few years of experience and you'll be brewing somewhere...

SilkkyBrew said:
Congrats man! Gotta start somewhere... and if you are starting at the bottom you can only go up! Give it a few years of experience and you'll be brewing somewhere...
Just to clarify, this is a Brewer position.

I just read this post from beginnning to end. Man, I'm happy for you, there's no greater feeling than having a job you love. Congratulations:mug:

bob

fightguy said:
Just to clarify, this is a Brewer position.

Hey man, that's even more awesome!

I more meant, even if you had to crawl in the grundy's and scrub them out a few times to "earn your stripes" that eventually this would help lead into a "head/master brewer" position somewhere in a couple years... that is awesome that you will get to do some brewing just starting out though too! Hopefully they let you have some creative input on the seasonals or something, that would rock! :rockin:

Congrats man!!

I would be interested to know what range brewery jobs pay. But that may be another topic

Fish said:
Congrats man!!

I would be interested to know what range brewery jobs pay. But that may be another topic
The salary for a regular Brewer at Alaskan Brewing Company, according to the job description they gave me, is between 27K and 41.5/42.5K (I don't remember which) DOE. It's quite a decrease from my current wages, but doing what I love is worth a lot to me

fightguy said:
The salary for a regular Brewer at Alaskan Brewing Company, according to the job description they gave me, is between 27K and 41.5/42.5K (I don't remember which) DOE. It's quite a decrease from my current wages, but doing what I love is worth a lot to me

I took a huge decrease in pay to do a job I loved. It paid off in more ways than 1. My health, job stress, and overall happiness. I now make more money that I did before I left the original job.

Congrats! :tank:

Warped04 said:
I took a huge decrease in pay to do a job I loved. It paid off in more ways than 1. My health, job stress, and overall happiness. I now make more money that I did before I left the original job.

Congrats! :tank:
I'm sure that my stress level will go down and my happiness will increase. I just hope that the money increases too! :rockin:

I knew you had it!

Two bits of advice:

Get some 3/4 rubber boots instead of the full. Your shins will thank you!

Get some gel insoles.

Also, I doubt that you will actually have to crawl into anything other than maybe a kettle, to clear out the trub. Most breweries use CIP pumps and spray balls to clean their vessels.

Congrats, you'll love it!

:D

Congrats! Welcome to the wonderful world of commercial brewing. Now, go make me some Smoked Porter :mug:

http://www.alaskanbeer.com/artman/publish/article_181.shtml

gabf_crew_photo.jpg

Hopefully, I'll be in this pic next year :rockin:

Damn bro Awesome! I wonder if they have any Anchorage Positions?

Course I know they could use better advertising and better sales reps.

AK Amber is by far not thier best. But their most popular. Im really liking their new IPA though.

Im in Anchorage so hit me up if you want

Back