I bought a new Sirius XM radio Why can't they program it correctly?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racin_ny

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem. I have installed the radio. XM says everything is good on my end. But they can't seem to program it with the channels I purchased, which is the only reason I wanted the radio...

Has anyone else had this problem. I have installed the radio. XM says everything is good on my end. But they can't seem to program it with the channels I purchased, which is the only reason I wanted the radio...
I think part of it is even though Sirius and XM have merged, they still kind of operate as two different entities - most channels overlap, but some don't. And if you have an XM radio and a Sirius radio, you can't put them on the same account (coworker ran into this - his wife's Tahoe has XM built in, his Edge has Sirius.

But I thought if a radio was branded SiriusXM, it should be able to pick up all channels.

All I know is, we've got two radios in my family - my "portable" Roady2, and then the built-in radio in Dad's pickup. He trades trucks about every 12-18 months, and every time he trades, it takes about a week and a half to get the rocket surgeons at XM to get the account right again.

Last night we were waiting for a friend and had a few minutes to mess with it. The wife gets on the internet and says "Hey this says to tune in to channel 0 and then resend the activation signal" The XM rocket surgeons had been having us tune in to channel 1 when they sent the activation signal. So we tuned in to channel 0 and sent the signal from our online account and boom the radio says reactivating subscription and now we have all the channels. This was after about 6 calls and a couple hours on the phone the day before.

I am surprised to hear issues with them. I have had Sirius for years now with no issues. Maybe the customer service is different between Sirius and xm. My only complaint is that I didn't buy the lifetime package when they offered it years ago. I didn't want to drop $500 at the time and ended up paying way more than that over time. I cancelled it probably two or three times and ended up turning it right back on. Couldn't stand regular radio and commercials.

Oh, man, did we have problems with that merger! They couldn't find their ass with both hands and lost us forever as customers because of it. I'm glad you got your problem fixed, but I'm not at all surprised that you had to do your own trouble shooting.

Back