2.5g All Grain Peach ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justinnn

Reaction score
Last Thursday I brewed my first ever all-grain and my own recipe. Prior to now I have been doing partial mash clones, mostly smithwicks and red ales. Also this is a 2.5 gallon batch, since I only have a 16 quart brewpot.

My recipe is as follows:

3.5 lbs American 2-Row
.5 lbs crystal 60Lov
.2 lbs Carapils
steeped at 160 for 45min
sparged with 170

60 min .5 oz cascade
15min .5 simcoe
15 min 1 tsp. Irish moss

1 packet dry Windsor yeast

OG 1.036
Primary with a little less than 1.5 lbs fresh chopped peaches.
presently racked to secondary, will bottle in a few days.

Thoughts, Opinions and Criticism Welcomed.

-Justin

Did you get enough peachyness from that amount? I would imagine the Simcoe and Cascade might tend to push it out a little. I would be curious as to how strong the peach is. Looks good, a fairly simple grainbill. That is a good dry yeast for that brew imo.

I have no gotten a chance to taste it, I am waiting until after secondary, I was originally going to add 3 lbs of peaches. But for a 2.5 batch I thought that it might be too strong. I didn't want to make anything like a smirnoff Ice. I will post after I taste.
I will tell you one thing, it sure did smell strongly of peaches.

You didn't really do a "mash" per se....you need to do a rest between 148-158*F for an hour or so...and even at 158* not everything will convert.

With the added sugars from the peaches I do not think it will be much of a concern.

Back