My Mango Wine Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

So I finished making my 5 gallon batch of mango wine and I must have put too much sugar in it. It actually tastes good but it is going to have to be a dessert wine. Also, the alcohol is 15%! So I have some questions.... Would it be fine to just bottle it like this? It has aged about 3 months now and is tasting better and more mellow. Should I water it down some? And what kind of wine is this now? Is it something like a port wine or brandy?

Thanks!

Hey Everyone,

So I finished making my 5 gallon batch of mango wine and I must have put too much sugar in it. It actually tastes good but it is going to have to be a dessert wine. Also, the alcohol is 15%! So I have some questions.... Would it be fine to just bottle it like this? It has aged about 3 months now and is tasting better and more mellow. Should I water it down some? And what kind of wine is this now? Is it something like a port wine or brandy?

Thanks!

It's a wine. Mango wine with 15% ABV, it sounds like.

I'd let it sit in a carboy at least 6 months, racking whenever there are lees 1/4" thick after 60 days and bottle when no new lees form after at least 60 days and the wine is perfectly clear.

Latest posts

Back