Interested in an Electric Kettle Set Up? Come on in....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
**Also posted in the vendor section**

Well we will be rolling out a kettle with a custom 1" stainless coupler that is specially designed for an electric water heater element. The coupler is designed so the electric heater element will sit flush against the coupler engaging the o-ring (no more bottoming out on the NPT threads).

Our question is, who is interested? The additional coupler and welding will be a $30-$40 charge. We also plan on welding a stud that can be used as a ground. Any input on this would be appreciated! :mug:

-Ben

Yes, I'm thinking of replacing my 15 gallon eHLT with a 20/25 gallon kettle. As well Im thinking of adding a 10 gallon kettle to my set up to do 5 gallon brews and partigyle's.

Can you weld tri clover ferrules too?

Yes, I'm thinking of replacing my 15 gallon eHLT with a 20/25 gallon kettle. As well Im thinking of adding a 10 gallon kettle to my set up to do 5 gallon brews and partigyle's.

Can you weld tri clover ferrules too?

Our tooling is only set up for 1/2" couplers at the moment. It is something we will look into if the demand is high enough though.

-Ben

How about a picture of it?

Sounds like something that I would recommend.
More info and an image would help all of us decide.

P-J

I would be interested in this. I am planing a 20 gallon 3 vessel electric system. I was planning on using Bayou Classic pots and mounting the elements the way Kal did; however, if you had a welded solution I would most likely go that route.

How about a picture of it?

Sounds like something that I would recommend.
More info and an image would help all of us decide.

P-J

I would be interested in this. I am planing a 20 gallon 3 vessel electric system. I was planning on using Bayou Classic pots and mounting the elements the way Kal did; however, if you had a welded solution I would most likely go that route.

Pictures pictures pictures please. I would be very interested.

Sorry to be a tease guys but no pictures at the moment. The coupler will look like any normal coupler but it will be machined to work with a heating element. The welding will be the same quality as the welds shown on our site.

The biggest question that I still have is what size stud would you guys like welded on? Male or female stud? Metric or standard? And placement in relation to the element?

-Ben

SpikeBrewing said:
Any input for a ground? What size stud? Male or female stud? Metric or standard? And placement in relation to the element?

I would do 1/4 20. Within 6" of the element location.

Willum said:

+1. Well, +2 for my planned 3 vessel elec rims

6/16/13: Bringing back this old thread... So we have 1" NPS (straight thread) couplers that will fit directly up with an element. No more jimmy rigging an element into a NPT tapered threaded coupler.

Pricing will be $35/coupler. That includes the half 1" NPS coupler which will be sanitary TIG welded into any size kettle we offer. Lead times for these custom kettles will be 1-2 weeks.

For inquires or purchasing please email [email protected].

:mug:

1NPS_1.jpg

1NPS_2.jpg

The grounding stud is not something that will be 'standard' since many people asked us to do it without. That being said it would be pretty easy to add a stud to the side of the coupler.

Back