BFM 225 Saison Clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZenFitness

Reaction score
Has anyone cloned Brasserie des Franches-Montagnes' √225 Saison? I have not yet brewed a saison and want to make one very soon, and this BFM's √225 Saison is probably my favorite representation of the style. I'd like to start with this one and compare against other recipes to eventually come up with something that I find "just right".

Thanks!!

I'm tasting this for the first time right now and wow! This is something different from everything else I've tasted. It's acidic, so there has to be a twist to the mash or fermentation which I have to find out how to do.

Just had this yesterday. Tasty beer. More of a table-saison with some more sourness than you usually get in a saison.

I pulled some of the dregs and put them on a slant. Hoping they take so I can use them this Spring.

Anyone know what their base strain is? Website says that they rely on some wild yeast from the wine barrels they age this in.

Just had this yesterday. Tasty beer. More of a table-saison with some more sourness than you usually get in a saison.

I pulled some of the dregs and put them on a slant. Hoping they take so I can use them this Spring.

Anyone know what their base strain is? Website says that they rely on some wild yeast from the wine barrels they age this in.

I know this is an older thread but did you have any luck with this yeast?

I know this is an older thread but did you have any luck with this yeast?

I haven't used it. It's still on a slant and "looks" healthy. I'm not sure I will get to it, but will post up if I do.

Back