Give an all-grainer a great extract recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldsock

Reaction score
I just got a kegging system, but I am short on time for the next few weeks. So I thought after four years of brewing pretty much nothing but all grain (aside from a few experimental 1 gallon partial mash recipes), it was time to brew an extract batch.

I'd like some suggestions for tried/proven extract recipes. I am considering the "standard" extract hefe (wheat extract to ~1.050, 12 IBUs of hallertau, 3068), but would be happy to brew anything that would be ready to keg in 2-3 weeks.

The extract with grains version of my brown ale in the pulldown has been well received.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I was looking for something a bit lower gravity (faster). Ended up brewing a hefe last night, (5.25 lbs of wheat DME, 2 oz of ~1.5% AA Spalt, WLP300). I also picked up ingredients for an extract single (6.6 lbs of pils LME, .5 lbs of sugar, WLP500).

"Give an all-grainer a great extract recipe" and he'll brew for a day.

Show him the recipe database, and he'll brew for a lifetime.

Good to see you here brother.

Back