pumpkin spice beer additive

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockfordWhite

Reaction score
So I have been wanting to make a pumpkin beer for sometime after my absolute failure 4 years ago (it was my only batch that i dumped all 5 gallons). This time I am taking a different approach. My last beer, a brown ale, is my hopeful base. I have a fairly solid recipe, so i made an extra gallon, when I keg, I will put the last gallon aside into two growlers and add spices to test the concoction...

I was thinking of doing something different, other than a basic pumpkin beer, so here are my two ideas

- Pumpkin Pie and Bourbon Brown Ale
- Pumpkin Pie Coffee Brown Ale

Anybody have any thoughts or opinions on either of them, or suggestions on how to execute them (assuming your comment isn't terrible)

No experience with using coffee here. But one of my favorite beers was a bourbon pumpkin ale.

I added spices soaked in Makers Mark, plus about 750ml, and a few oak cubes into secondary of a 5 gal batch. I left in with the oak for about a week, transferred to a keg, then it took a good 4 months for all the flavors to blend well.

Back