Homebrewtalk.com "personalities"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also, cape is this guy:

yeah I know he's actually in his 50's but I still think of him as that guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
H-ost said:
F
PassedPawn sounds "average" but I picture him looking at you with those "did you really just say that" eyes but he would never write an insult about you/the situation.
I'm guessing this to be pretty close to truth. Definitely one of the more dignified members on the forum and an example for all of us.

Cape, the PTN story made my Friday. Freakin hilarious :D

My Aunt used to live in Cornwall, Darwin. The world is too small. By the way, judging from your posts I get the feeling that you have a full on workshop in your garage, the floor of which you could eat off of.

Oh god, I wish that was the case. I have a one car garage that is crammed with two chest freezers, a work table that doubles as my homebrew equipment storage area, a weight bench, and shelving units dedicated to paint cans, gardening, and my wife's crap from when we first moved in together - old sea shells and stuff she can't bear to throw away. There are two cat boxes in there too and I end up sweeping the floors every few days but I definitely wouldn't eat off of them.

The next house will have at least a two car garage or an outbuilding that I can call my own.

What was your aunt's last name Creamy? There are several extended families in that town like the Wojehowski's that everyone seems to be related to. By the way it was a great town to grow up in. Sure it was a boring placel, but the schools in Cornwall had the highest test grades in the county and in my senior year we won every spring OCIAA sports title.

Darwin, no Dutchess for us, residency requirements. I can live in Putnam though and it is on our radar.

ABG, I lived in Putnam with my wife (then girlfriend) for a couple years. Our first apartment in Patterson and a couple streets away from the train station. I believe it was one of the last stops, or the last stop, that you can take the train into the city.

Putnam county was beautiful - lots of farms, lots of undeveloped land, and mountains. It was boring as hell though. There is literally nothing to do there. You'll end up either driving to Danbury or Fishkill/Poughkeepsie to find a decent place to eat that isn't a deli. I was fine with being bored, but my wife couldn't really handle that very well.

Ahhhh damn it... There is a picture SOMEWHERE on HBT that, if I do say so myself, illustrates Cape Brewing perfectly (damn effin right I can roll in the third person).

I gotta find that effin picture.

You mean this one???????????????

cape-56604.jpg

Ah, I had the feeling you were a precise person, since your posts have been structured. Now that I think of it, my Aunt lived in New Windsor, her son lived in Cornwall. I like visiting places that are pretty but slow and boring, but I could never do it again.

I cant help but picture ABG as this guy but with big boy pants on.
Dangle_Season_2b.jpg

MalFet is a complete enigma except that I have been trying to figure out for a while now who his avatar actually is. Every time I see it I know I have seen a picture of that person before and cant for the life of me place it.

at first I pictured Yooper as a man, im not going to lie. Once I learned better, and still to this day I picture her as as being that 50-60 year old woman at the bar who gets along with everyone and you can tell was drop dead gorgeous when she was younger.

mcwilcr said:
WAS drop dead gorgeous when she was younger.

That's asking for an ass-whoopin' right there.

And I picture Tx as a lanky, quintessential Texan when in public but a true nerd at home doing the Admin thing.

I would like to say, I've met probably fifty or sixty fellow HBT'ers over the years, and I'd say only 25% - 30% of y'all are total *****enozzles.

I'm not even flexing in that picture!

Nah nah nah... this is unacceptable.

I'll take my shirt off and flex in a picture tonight when I get home. You know... for Yoop's benefit.

And NO Moto... ONLY the shirt.

Cape Brewing said:
nah... that's not it... and that definitely does nothing to show off my epic hotness.

(I'm the one on the LEFT)

So is the guy on the right like super tall or something?

Revvy looks like someone that would fit into a Doonsbury cartoon. Tall, kinda hippie looking.

For some of the veteran posters I can come up with an idea (probably very wrong) of how they look but for whatever reason, my mind tends to assign voices to people's posts.

Yooper still sounds like a really sweet mid 20's chick with a heart yet not afraid to politely call you out.

Revvy has a fairly deep but slightly raspy voice from smoking for 30 years.

Hahahaha! I drop the F-bomb an awful lot. I'm not the least bit polite as a rule.

Revvy doesn't have a deep or raspy voice.

Pappers is by far the most dignified, hands down. I've felt bad disagreeing with him in the past, something I never do.

You know what? He really is. He's very level-headed and easy going, and instantly well-liked by everyone. He's got this calm persona, and he's very open and easy to talk to. He's super intelligent, and down to earth.

I tell Bob all the time that my next husband will be just like Pappers_. Bob said something like "Yeah, mine too", because he likes Pappers as much as I do. :p

at first I pictured Yooper as a man, im not going to lie. Once I learned better, and still to this day I picture her as as being that 50-60 year old woman at the bar who gets along with everyone and you can tell was drop dead gorgeous when she was younger.

As for this, well. Just well. I look and act like a little kid. I don't look anywhere near 60, for crying out loud!

But I can tell you that I NEVER have been drop dead gorgeous. Even when I dated a famous baseball player, they were all like "Who's that ugly chick with XXXX?" :)

Yooper said:
I tell Bob all the time that my next husband will be just like Pappers_. Bob said something like "Yeah, mine too", because he likes Pappers as much as I do. :p

I've never met Pappers_ but if Bob is willing to go gay for him he must be a SUPER guy! :mug:

Yooper said:
As for this, well. Just well. I look and act like a little kid. I don't look anywhere near 60, for crying out loud!

But I can tell you that I NEVER have been drop dead gorgeous. Even when I dated a famous baseball player, they were all like "Who's that ugly chick with XXXX?" :)

That's ok, personality can get you into beds that looks just can't ;)

That's ok, personality can get you into beds that looks just can't ;)

Oh, yes, he had a great personality. It was that, and not his looks (or being a MLB player) of course. :drunk:

Still does, but I haven't seen him in years. My dad saw him about 5 years ago at an Indians game, and said he's doing well and is happy. He has like 5 kids now!

Yooper said:

I bet if I asked your husband he would say you were and are drop dead gorgeous.

sonofgrok said:
I picture sonofgrok as being strikingly handsome, incredibly witty, and all around amazing.

That is about when I usually wake up.

I'll give you witty. I can't say anything about the rest.

Back