Brew Music

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richthrift

Reaction score
I am incredibly bored at the moment so I have a question for everyone. Whats your favorite music to brew to on brew day? Personally I will listen to psychobilly....or Two of Hearts by Stacy Q. :rockin: Don't judge me.

I normally listen to metal bands, but for brewing I prefer Dave Matthews. One extreme to the next, I know, but it helps me relax!

I had a mix of The Eagles, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, and Grace Potter and the Nocturnals on when I was brewing my first Stout. For some reason, that combination seemed to fit the mood.

Any of the following stations on Pandora:

Beast of Burden (Rolling Stones)
Mumford & Sons
The Underdog (Spoon)

It really depends. I listen to pretty much anything that isn't pop-country or top 40, so that leaves me pretty open. Some of my brew day faves are: Bloodbath, Agalloch, Amon Amarth, Mastodon, my Them Crooked Vultures Pandora station (stoner rock from the 60's-today), Spiritual Beggars, Alestorm, Blaggards, Dropkick Murphy's, The Pogues, Korplikaani, pretty much anything goes.

It really depends. I listen to pretty much anything that isn't pop-country or top 40, so that leaves me pretty open. Some of my brew day faves are: Bloodbath, Agalloch, Amon Amarth, Mastodon, my Them Crooked Vultures Pandora station (stoner rock from the 60's-today), Spiritual Beggars, Alestorm, Blaggards, Dropkick Murphy's, The Pogues, Korplikaani, pretty much anything goes.

Dropkick Murphys and The Dead Kennedys kick ass.

baseball play-by-play on mlb.tv on my phone (i don't have a tv that's not mounted on the wall, so i can't watch in the garage)

Dropkick Murphys and The Dead Kennedys kick ass.

For sure. Maybe I'll spin some DK while I brew tomorrow, haven't given them a proper listen in awhile, just what comes up in shuffle. It'll be a change, I usually brew IPA while listening to something a bit heavier, like the aforementioned Bloodbath, but old Jello might just be what this IPA needs. :tank:

Sweet. Brewing my Cranberry IPA today Im blasting a mix of The Nekromantix, The Casualties, Down By Law and Lower Class Brats. (Gonna see all of them in July so I made a playlist lol)

I listen to either a blues guitar radio on pandora or podcasts from either, the brewing network, basic brewing radio, beer smith, or watch brewing tv on my iPad.

I listened to the following albums today while brewing:

The Dead Weather - Horehound
The Dirty Guv'nahs - The Dirty Guv'nahs
The Dirty Guv'nahs - Youth Is In Our Blood
Rodney Parker & 50 Peso Reward - The Lonesome Dirge

I love all kinds of music, blues and ska, red dirt country, really love metal too. When I brew I usually listen to an audio book on my kindle though and lately that has been the Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind. Otherwise it would be Cardinals Baseball.

I like to play the Lithium channel on Sirius/XM while brewing. The music of my early 20's when I really started to enjoy beer gets my head in the right space to make great beer.

Last brew session had Physical Graffiti - Led Zeppelin, Thick as a Brick - Jethro Tull, Best of Eagles - Eagles(duh!), Heaven and Hell - Black Sabbath, Rocks - Aerosmith, and Best of Eddie Money - Eddie.

I enjoy listening to a lot of Celtic music. I generally turn on pandora and go from there!

I like the Black Keys a lot when I brew but I like to listen to Amos Lee, Ray LaMontange and my John Hiatt Radio Pandora station too. Sometimes if I brew on a Sunday afternoon I listen to a few hours of blues on local radio station.

Reggae, Beastie Boys, Everlast are the norm. Sometimes some Deadbolt, but that usually is reserved for a Black IPA session.

Pink Floyd. Especially Dark Side Of The Moon:rockin::fro:

A bit of Zappa, for a more whimsical brew day, doesn't go amiss, either.

Generally I catch up on podcasts like Basic Brewing Radio, Beersmith and This American Life. Sometimes I will also listen to an all-news station or my scanner.

Here is my go to list, from least to favorite.
Classic Rock,
Classic Country,
Southern Rock, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Molly Hatchet have been played to much brewing!

I also generally listen to The Brewing Network podcasts. During football season, I listen to or watch whatever games might be on. If it is music - Pandora - something along the lines of Allman Brothers, CCR, Gear Daddies, Van Morrison, or Blues.

Definitely bluegrass, but i have been in a huge Florence & The Machine kick lately. And I have a new stereo in my workshop that I brew outside of. I am sure my neighbors are happy about that. I live in NJ, so it is weird enough for my community that the guy down the street is from Arkansas, has a funny accent, ad can occasionally be seen stirring a huge cauldron of steaming liquid..... Add some blaring music, and I am surprised they haven't had me hauled off.

Bottled my Amber last night and it was a best of night. Best of: Bad Company, Foreigner, Stones, and CCR.

I like the Black Keys a lot when I brew but I like to listen to Amos Lee, Ray LaMontange and my John Hiatt Radio Pandora station too. Sometimes if I brew on a Sunday afternoon I listen to a few hours of blues on local radio station.

+! for Black Keys and Ray Lamontagne.

Last brew day was my first batch on my propane burner in the driveway, listened to Mastodon's Leviathan and Blood Mountain.

My buddy and I brew at his house a lot, usually have NoFX, Bad Religion, Lagwagon or The Hippos going there!

Back