Bad Liquid Out Post?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phecke

Reaction score
So I'm building a keezer, and I had my (3) kegs and CO2 set up delivered yesterday. (Got all of it from kegconnection.com, they're great and giving them a plug here) Everything goes together fine with the exception on the liquid out post on one of the kegs. All (3) of the liquid out disconnects that were sent to me won't fit on the post.

They all fit perfectly on the other two kegs, so I know it's not the disconnects. It also is NOT a gas post on this keg either. No notches, and the gas disconnects wont fit on it either, so I suspect I have a warped or bad post or something. But before I go about securing a new post, I figured I'd ask the infinite wisdom of HBT for what else could possibly be causing my problem.

So, any ideas?

PS The disconnect fits over the O-Ring perfectly but when it gets to the flared part of the post, it gets stuck and won't seat properly. Like I said, no problem like this on the other 2 kegs, and the gas disconnects won't fit either.

I think I'd try removing the post and cleaning it really well before buying a new one. Sometimes, mine gets a little sticky and it's pretty hard to get the disconnect to seal properly.

The post is clean as I just got it from kegconnection. Not sticky or dirty at all.

The poppet moves easily as well, thanks for the suggestion though,

I'm having the exact same issue with my disconnects on 2 of my 4 kegs. Go the parts from kegconnection too. Poppets work fine, hold pressure, but when I go to put it on, it won't go all the way down over the pins (pin lock kegs), if I use a wrench to turn it on it kinda works but not well...any ideas guys?

first,call "call" kegconnection(dont sent e-mail,call them) they will send you a nother one no questions asked. one more plug for kegconnections. they rock.

I've had to replace a couple of posts. One was bent, the other simply was ODD, it was warped or something. These were as-is CL kegs.

The posts cost about $10 with poppet, which sucked, but the kegs work fine now.

:rockin:

Latest posts

Back