Greetings from Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam h

Reaction score
Hello,

Like many, I got started with a Mr. Beer for Christmas. I thought it might be fun to try my hand at brewing and now it has become an obsession! I upgraded to a 5 Gallon system 3 days ago and I have my first part grain brew fermenting right now, an IPA. I have a few wines in process and I want to try Edwort's Apfelwein next. It looks like my HB store of choice is going to be BevArt in Beverly. Anyway, just a hello to everyone on the forum!

wow, we've had a huge influx of Chicago guys this week - welcome! I'm sure you will be very happy with the new kit! Feel free to ask questions and take a look at howtobrew.com if you haven't yet.

homebrewer_99 said:
Where's IL? Is that near Chicago? Isn't Chicago a State?:drunk:

Greetings...:D

It should be. The borders are Frankfort on the South, Aurora to the West

Welcome Adam,

Good to see so many Chicago area people around. Let me know what you think of the LHBS in Beverly, my folks are out that way and there's not much to speak of out in Joliet.

This site has been a great resource for me, i'm sure you'll find it that way as well.

BevArt is the only HBS I've ever been in, but what I can tell you is that the staff is super friendly and helpful. Since there are so many of us in this area, are there any HB clubs that meet around here?

homebrewer_99 said:
Where's IL? Is that near Chicago? Isn't Chicago a State?:drunk:

Greetings...:D
You upstate bastages! To heck with you and your I-80.

On the other hand welcome to a fellow sort of Illinoisan.

Welcome to another Illinois brewer. You'll find alot of help from the people here. Good luck and have fun.

Back