Whiskey Barrel Jockey Box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zincktank

Reaction score
I have been lurking Homebrewtalk for some time and have used much of your advice to build a jockey box out of a used 5.2 Gal Oak Whiskey Barrel. I wanted to post my modest results in the hope that it may inspire others to step outside of the box when designing a jockey box.

It made for a challenging build and, while I have experience in metal fabrication and now engineering, it has definitely humbled me in regards to woodworking. Much of the final build was rushed so that it would be available for my friends wedding so please don't be too harsh regarding some of the fit and finish. The door needs to be completely reassembled and perhaps trimmed down, the taps need extended out, the handles need recesses for the magnets and fascias. I plan to do a considerable overhaul as soon as Oktoberfest is out of the way.

The used barrel was sourced from Adventures in homebrewing. The rest of the hardware was sourced from big box stores, and the shanks and taps elsewhere.

I will link my Imgur album since the descriptions are very thorough, but if anyone has any questions I would be happy to respond. http://imgur.com/a/AHD7q#0

Practical? I suppose. Necessary? No. Cheap? No. Badass? I like it.

Credit goes to Stumptown Coffee for having a similar one tap coffee box that inspired me. Below you can see the fascias that I hastily threw together. My printer was out and my friends was barely adequate. Not too pretty but they served their purpose.

DSC01075.jpg

Very nice! I've been looking for something "different" to make my portable kegerator out of. A whiskey barrel might be a little large, but seeing something cool like this does light a fire under me to keep looking for something different.

Thanks for posting it!

You're welcome. For reference this barrel is only 5.2 gallons and the outer dimensions are 11"-12" in diameter and 15" in length.

Latest posts

Back