The "My Day has gone like ****" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeatyPortion

Internet Bartender
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe not my day, but certainly the past three days have.

Saturday: I had to drive an hour and a half just to let the National Guard rest easy in knowing that I am taking advantage of what they have to offer as far as benefits. Then my wife had to put the dog down. That happened while I was away and by the time I got home my wife was completely distraught. Thank you, National Guard, for ensuring that I have to be away from my family for "death by Power Point" in an attempt to make sure that I'm not staying away from my family. Then, to top off things, the batch of beer I made on Friday has an infection and the yeast has refused to muster so much as a single bubble. There's more regarding school, the post-9/11 GI Bill, holidays, employment agencies, and Veterans' benefits in general but I feel this detail is enough.

Who else had a **** weekend/day and wants to drink a bit?

Consequences2.gif

Traffic stop, dude had a loaded .40 under his seat... So was his wallet. But it got better, I hit my FG on my "Endless Summer Pale Ale" after 15 days.

Maybe not my day, but certainly the past three days have.

Saturday: I had to drive an hour and a half just to let the National Guard rest easy in knowing that I am taking advantage of what they have to offer as far as benefits. Then my wife had to put the dog down. That happened while I was away and by the time I got home my wife was completely distraught. Thank you, National Guard, for ensuring that I have to be away from my family for "death by Power Point" in an attempt to make sure that I'm not staying away from my family. Then, to top off things, the batch of beer I made on Friday has an infection and the yeast has refused to muster so much as a single bubble. There's more regarding school, the post-9/11 GI Bill, holidays, employment agencies, and Veterans' benefits in general but I feel this detail is enough.

Consequences2.gif

****, man, I am so fvcking sorry! :( Here's an idea, why don't you go active?? Same benefits, more shooting..

Hmm, I hate your video but I did have a bad beer day.

Got home from a weekend away to keg my two batches which were cooling at 40 or so. Got everything set up to find my one CO2 tank was empty - filled it last week so I had a leak. Bummer. Then I found my second CO2 tank empty for legitimate reasons (much beer!) And then spent an hour looking for my tools to fix the problems and finally got everything sorted with my 3rd Co2 tank (which had a faulty regulator on it) and now i'm finished and... no beer! Ak! My 2 kegs are just carbonating now and I can't get beer out of my 3 others. Lots of clean up and no beer is a bad day. On the other hand I am off to the sotre now to get some so perhaps all will be fine later this evening!!

Anyway in the middle of all this I was thinking God who needs this Sh1te, maybe I need a new hobby.

Now that I'm done, well I am planning my brew day on Wednesday my day off!

As bad as it is for me, it's even worse for my wife. Stuck in a job she hates and her dog of 9 years just died. She's having it really rough right now (shut up, LGI) and is often near or at tears. The only pluses were stopping at Steve's Liquor and finding a sake that she'd been searching 3 years for and getting some free samples of food at our favorite sushi restaurant. Otherwise it's been crap. That's why I'm drinking the limited Jack Daniel's Fort McCoy whiskey and watching Netflix reruns of The Office.

Ok, your day sucked more. My dog's still alive. He eats poop. No matter what we do, he still eats poop. He likes single malt scotch, but I'll be damned if his poop laden tongue touches my good scotch.

Ok, your day sucked more. My dog's still alive. He eats poop. No matter what we do, he still eats poop. He likes single malt scotch, but I'll be damned if his poop laden tongue touches my good scotch.
I tried to feed my dog beer but she was a teetotaler. Meh, more for me.

My SWMBO has a St. Bernard that might get a couple of HBs in a bowl from time to time when she isn't home. My pitt won't touch the stuff.

I had a ****TY day yesterday. Running late to work. Head to get on the freeway.... SORRY CLOSED! *^&*^ UDOT. Ok cut threw the next town over to get on the next on-ramp. And of course RED and BLUES in the rearview mirror. MOTHER (*^%%_^.

I couldn't figure out what the cop was doing but he was pulling over me and another car. Said me and the other car BOTH was doing 62 in 40. I was soooo pissed. Yeah i was speeding but i was trying not to be late to work. The freaking freeway was closed and this cop was just poaching the detour. It was on a empty road without even any houses on it.

I didn't bust the cops chops and he wrote it down to 49 in a 40. Still is a hundred dollar ticket and 60 more for traffic school if i don't want to be a$$ raped on my insurance.

Miniature Pinscher...not a breed I recommend to anyone who works. They are high maintenance attention whores. Ours is a "good" one...which means he's tolerable.

NO RASIE no promotions smallboneus health care went up! YEah thanks for theEMAIL on that, scumbags.!
And you all qork too much overtime! ansd has too many peopl. Hod on bean boy. we work ot becasue we DON"T have too many people. we dont have enuf ppl. oh so and so dept does this with less. bullshasta drinks, mofo. soand so dept is one div of a massive! dept. we are like 7 dudes a time at most. kiss my ass and u come out on Christmas oh! yeah. mumble louder ou piece of krusty krausen stuck on a wall. scrweyou!
oh be glad u got a job! yOU be glad i got a job, try drining yotr ouw pee! yeah! you dont want to so PAY ME!
yeah! i just press the button you watch all I do in here right, press buttons, I can do all that other stuff too sence i got nuthin to do byt press the buttons. ok I prees THSI button. how bout that!?
i cant buy a n ew arrangment for the livign trrom like on TV. guess that just for me to see and be glad someone has.
You know what a new bike costss? the one I want is all white and chrome with big fenders ond pipes and a train horn. Aint free!
oh but look you got a laptop u wanted. Yeah assface after tall ganked 2 others and wouldnt een give us (there 2 of us you know)! the old one. bout time and he come in telling me LAAAAAAAAPTOOOPPPPP like I never saw fire before. Has he seem my phone!? Modfoin pocket computer
And i got a pen,

And its brown like a poo. I want a pen with a knife in it. And i want the drain to stop backing up and who the hell close the valve here! leaf it open! it donesnt concern u you have nothing to do w it leave it alone>
and stop stelaing the dam hose. !

maybe not my day, but certainly the past three days have.

Saturday: I had to drive an hour and a half just to let the national guard rest easy in knowing that i am taking advantage of what they have to offer as far as benefits. Then my wife had to put the dog down. That happened while i was away and by the time i got home my wife was completely distraught. Thank you, national guard, for ensuring that i have to be away from my family for "death by power point" in an attempt to make sure that i'm not staying away from my family. Then, to top off things, the batch of beer i made on friday has an infection and the yeast has refused to muster so much as a single bubble. There's more regarding school, the post-9/11 gi bill, holidays, employment agencies, and veterans' benefits in general but i feel this detail is enough.

consequences2.gif

ya dun goofed !

You have to pour it in the dog's water bowl. My friend Bart had this enormously fat Golden Retriever named Alex who would down 12 oz of beer in about 20 seconds.

I got two black labs that i like to get drunk but they fart like no ones business and its dogfarts which are industrial strength stank.

My friend has a bulldog. Every time I go over, I buy a mixed sixer of craft beer take some homebrew, and pick up a six pack of natural light for "dumb dumb". He only drinks two of them but he gets a good buzz with us. :)

Back