'Yeast' by Chris and Jamil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've seen it posted before that this is a worthwhile book, and I have to wholeheartedly agree. It came last week in my latest NB order. I started reading it Saturday as I was brewing, and finished it yesterday. Absolutely fantastic, full of useful info. If you are a beer and book geek like me, definitely pick up a copy to add to your library. :mug:

The Elements series from the BA seems to be great (Yeast and For the love of hops).

Can't wait until October for Water.

I was reading the book last night b/c I was worried I mashed too high for my german weizenbock...it is the yeast BIBLE that calms me down so I don't check my gravity too early!

Yeast was an order of magnitude better than Hops but both were well done. Definitely a must read.... and don't just read it once! Every time I peruse my copy another tidbit of genius is gleaned.

Yeast was an order of magnitude better than Hops but both were well done. Definitely a must read.... and don't just read it once! Every time I peruse my copy another tidbit of genius is gleaned.

Yeast definitely set the bar very high.

Ha! I ordered it off of Amazon, along with two other books not 30 minutes ago. Glad to hear the good reviews from the HBT family. I've been stranded in Bum###ked Egypt and a long ways away from my brew equipment. I've been trying to take this opportunity to read...read.... and read some more. I read the "Yeast Slanting" sticky by Saccharomyces on this thread yesterday and light bulbs started clicking on. Now I got yeast on the brain!

Check out 'Brewing Better Beer' by Gordon Strong if you're into all-grain. It's my new favorite, though 'Yeast' was until I read it!

Back