where to buy cider apple trees

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psykobillys

Reaction score
hey guys. homebrewer here, but i've made a few ciders over the years and my bride-to-be just loves ciders. we just recently purchased a place with a few acres here in idaho (zone 6/7) and are looking to purchase several trees for our future cider-making ventures. does anyone have favorite place they like to buy cider apple trees from? i'd like to buy quite a few, so price will certainly end up being a factor...
thanks in advance!
cheers!
:mug:

It depends on the size, you might also want to check with orchards. Most grow their own replacement stock. Also orchards that are closing will sometimes sell full size fruit bearing trees very cheaply.

+1 to Cummings nursery. Really great folks who are local to me, absolutely nuts about quality fruit trees.

Previously mentioned, Northwest Cider Supply is local to me (Willamette Valley, Oregon). I ordered 6 trees online, then picked them up in person, and Sam (the owner) helped me better understand cider and rootstock varieties, and I ended up adjusting my order. The whip trees planted from pots this Spring 2013 have done very well.

The 6: Chisel Jersey, Grimes Golden, Kingston Black x2, Medaille 'd Or, Porters Perfection.

In prior years, I've mail ordered bare-roots from Raintree Nursery, and have likewise been very happy.

--SiletzSpey

Back