Just picked the first batch of Chinook

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick500

Reaction score
First year Chinook... I picked about a third of them (2 oz wet). So I guess I'll end up with maybe 1.5 oz dried once they're all picked.

Wasn't expecting much of anything first year, but this is a usable amount. Not bad for one first year plant, I think. :rockin:

Color's a bit washed out in the first pic...
c96f598f.jpg

c1673f6d.jpg

Yeah thats cool man, how big did your plant get? just wondering to give me an Idea of my harvest. I've got 11 plants of four different variety, and am hopping to get enough so I can fill a keg with my home grown.

The Chinook plant got to about 25 feet. I had an 8 foot pole with an eye bolt on top with the twine running through it. When the plant would get to the top of the pole, I'd let out a couple more feet of twine. Ended up with a few coils of hops bine... Only the top half or so actually produced cones.

Yep... The cascades are about ready to start harvesting too. Gonna have to brew here pretty soon. :)

Back