Wort Chiller Guide

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sendkyleanemail

Reaction score
I am headed to home depot tomorrow to gather some materials for a few DIY projects. I found a good guide and parts list here for a cooler based mash tun. Is there a similar thread for an immersion chiller? I wanna build one this weekend...

Also, I may see if I can put the same screen and valve deal on an aluminum turkey fryer pot. That looks like it would make putting the wort into the Carboy a much simpler task that siphoning or pouring from the pot.

Anyway... anyone know any links here to help me please post them. I am heading out in the AM!!

I am headed to home depot tomorrow to gather some materials for a few DIY projects. I found a good guide and parts list here for a cooler based mash tun. Is there a similar thread for an immersion chiller? I wanna build one this weekend...

Also, I may see if I can put the same screen and valve deal on an aluminum turkey fryer pot. That looks like it would make putting the wort into the Carboy a much simpler task that siphoning or pouring from the pot.

Anyway... anyone know any links here to help me please post them. I am heading out in the AM!!

Yes. There are threads telling you how to build an immersion chiller. I read somewhere that it can be as simple as getting some 3/8" soft copper tubing and bending it around a coffee can. You may want to get some copper wire or something to hold the coils in place so you don't get a slinky effect. I suggest you search it out.

As far as the pot: It's possible. But you'd need to do some welding... I don't know what your capabilities are but yes, it could be done.

A final note: Do your research before starting a new thread. Search on the forum. It's very easy, fast, and extremely resourceful.

Good luck with the DIY's.

Back