Re clean keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tapthatbrew

Reaction score
Hey this is my first post. I've been brewing for a year now and seem to be getting better. Now for my Q

This is my first kegging I'm doing. I cleaned and sanitized my kegs on Saturday night and doesn't get to set them up. Do I have to clean them again or are they still good? Also brand new keg should I clean the lines?

iPhone wouldn't let me see text when posting for some reason. New kegerator* should I clean the lines.

I would always run Star San through even brand new beer lines. I often clean my lines, between kegs, and leave them filled with Star San solution until I put a new keg onto them. That can be anywhere from a few minutes to a few days (or more). IF the lines are closed at both ends (QD on keg end, and faucet on the other), you can leave them filled with Star San for an extended time. If they are left open, then I would run clean water (at least) through them and then Star San before putting them onto a keg.

Back