Super Bowl Food

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cambone

Reaction score
This place is crawling with foodies, so I'd figure I'd throw this out there:

Who is making what for the Super Bowl?

I'm thinking, Laugenbrötchen, Buffalo Chicken Dip, mini Crescent Dogs, and assorted pickled goods; carrots, eggs, cukes et cetera. And of course beer, my dry stout is just hitting its prime.

I'm always looking for new food to try, so what does everyone else have in mind?

How about Giant Hot dogs? That way we can chew them up and spit them out!! :cross:

After doing a bunch of different things for the Divisional and Championship games, I think we are just going with pizzas this time. I do have Rochefort 8, 10, & 12 to celebrate with however.

Side Rant:

Why can't they have the game on Saturday night, so people can properly celebrate and not feel like crap at work the next day??

Side Rant:

Why can't they have the game on Saturday night, so people can properly celebrate and not feel like crap at work the next day??

I have a theory: Having it on Sunday night keeps people watching it more sober due to work in the morning; sober people are more likely to pay attention to ads than drunk ones, and let's not forgot how much companies pay for a 30 second spot.

I heard another idea that it keeps men out of bars and at home for the game. And thus they are more likely to watch the game with the entire family so the commercials can reach a wider demographic.

Ah. Good points.

Not sure what we are making. My attention to the game will coincide with the ability of me to get my name on the company SuperBowl Squares sign-up sheet. I like having numbers to watch in between commercials.

Here are some likely candidates:

Pork Loin
Meatballs
Pizza
Bacon Wrapped BBQ Shrimp
Burgers
Veggie Pizza
Bratwurst
Chicken Wings

I have a theory: Having it on Sunday night keeps people watching it more sober due to work in the morning; sober people are more likely to pay attention to ads than drunk ones, and let's not forgot how much companies pay for a 30 second spot.

I heard another idea that it keeps men out of bars and at home for the game. And thus they are more likely to watch the game with the entire family so the commercials can reach a wider demographic.

I never thought about either of those before, but really it is just tradition. There have been efforts, not like it would ever happen though, to make superbowl monday a national holiday. Statistically it is the least productive day of the year, nationwide, every year.

I'll be doing wings, smoked scotch eggs, maybe some smoked cheese and sausage. And beer.

And possibly some atomic buffalo turds.

Statistically it is the least productive day of the year, nationwide, every year.

Less productive than the first day of March Madness? Interesting. I always thought March Madness was the least productive period due to sports. It makes sense because the NFL is much more popular than NCAA basketball.

Back