Carbonating using a soda stream!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewUpAndSup

Reaction score
Hey guys. Wondering if using a soda stream to carbonate cider would work instead of the usual way. No chance of bottle bombs! Anyone tried it? Thanks in advance

I tried it on my first cider batch that didn't quite carb at all. I didn't get good results using the soda stream, I carbonated it in the soda stream then poured the cider into bottles. I think the cider lost jut about all of its carbonation when I poured it into the bottles because the cider was only fizzy on the tongue.

I've had cider carbonated via sodastream, though never done it myself. The cider was carbonated, but too harshly, took away a lot of the flavor. Served right out of the sodastream bottles.

Mmmm I had planned to bottle it flat then carbonate when I open one. Might have to experiment a bit. It's more for my wife then me as she's not keen on flat cider.

Latest posts

Back