Ok, now they're making snow forts in hell....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, he "kinda sucked" when he was with Boston, which is probably what you remember of him. I'm not sying he's some kind of pitching god, but he's an inning eater (right around 200+ per year), that doesn't have a history of injuries, with a decent ERA. Something every team needs. He was the most pursued free agent this year, FWIW. 4 years $42 mil is about the going rate for that.

He's a third or fourth starter. His career ERA is 4.60, IIRC. That's a lot of money for a small-market team to commit to a very average player. The real question - does this indicate that they are now willing to open the pocketbook, or does this mean that the pocketbook has been opened, is now closed, and all you have to show for it is Supes?

Again I say- his attraction is his durability. Every team needs that esp small markets. Besides, an NL series MVP doesn't sound like third or fourth starter to me.

I forgot the Brewers were even a team anymore.

Back