Well Ain't That Wholesome: Swimwear for Sexually Repressed Ladies!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Ladies: are you sexually repressed? Do you blindly adhere to religious or cultural restrictions that are one step away from Muslim Burkas? Have you been taught your whole life to be ashamed of your body and your sexuality? Then this is the site for yooooooooou!

I bring you...Wholesomewear!

page4_07.jpg

Now, that's funny right there. I'm not modest, but I can appreciate that people looking at me in my bikini might be offended by my middle aged body. So, I clicked on that link. And, that lovely swimsuit is on sale for only $80! I'd have to beat the men off with a stick. But, where is the head covering to go along with it? Is the mantilla extra?

I hope no one is overly offended by this but,
there's nothing like religion to set people back a few hundred or thousand years.

Too funny! The website says the swimwear focuses attention away from the body and to the face. I've always counted on the other way around. Most men don't notice we have faces anyway!

Ladies: are you sexually repressed? Do you blindly adhere to religious or cultural restrictions that are one step away from Muslim Burkas? Have you been taught your whole life to be ashamed of your body and your sexuality? Then this is the site for yooooooooou!

I bring you...Wholesomewear!

page4_07.jpg

is that a dude?

Seriously, these would be a big hit in Utah. The norm for swimwear for women is to wear a one piece bathing suit, then wear gym shorts and a Tshirt over it.

If the people that site is marketing to want to dress sexy, they have plenty of outlets. If you don't want to shop on that site, then shop elsewhere. What's so funny about one site offering a choice? I thought modern society was all for womens' individual right to choose. Oh oops, guess that's only the case when it's expedient.

I hope nobody laughing at the models or the market (however small) for these products claims to respect all people's beliefs equally.

Evan! dude, do you do standup on the weekends or something? You have so kept me entertained on here, ROFLMAO!

Thalon, have you looked at the site? It's swimwear straight out of the 1850's! Check out this beauty from 1858:

Bathing_suit_1858.png

Although Evan! is kind of a *****enozzle about it, he makes a good point. People who think they have to completely cover up at the beach have serious body issues. Hell there are a few Hutts out there I wish actually WOULD wear something like this, but I don't begrudge them and the choices they make. People should not be ashamed of their bodies.

NWernbrewer, I thought you were shiating me, but yea, they really are made in Oregon. Aurora, OR, some BFE one horse podunk white bread town. I'm sure they'd be a big hit at Portland's two nude beaches, Sauvie Island and Rooster Rock. :D

I just have to say, it depends on who is wearing the skimpy swim suit. I think I still have my beach T shirt that says, "Save our beaches - Harpoon fat chicks". I don't wear it any more since I'm starting to resemble that.
I do hope that they have plastic air bags hidden in the fabric, that stuff does look like it would drag the wearer down, but then I'm sure its for waist wading only.

If the people that site is marketing to want to dress sexy, they have plenty of outlets. If you don't want to shop on that site, then shop elsewhere. What's so funny about one site offering a choice? I thought modern society was all for womens' individual right to choose. Oh oops, guess that's only the case when it's expedient.

I hope nobody laughing at the models or the market (however small) for these products claims to respect all people's beliefs equally.

No, sorry, I don't and never have claimed to respect everyone's beliefs equally. Do you respect the beliefs of those people who killed themselves to get aboard the spaceship that was hiding hale-bop comet as much as you respect, say, jim-bob's beliefs about jesus and stuff? How about Charles Manson's beliefs? How about the belief that women are inferior and shall be subservient slaves to their "owners"?

I could go on. Not to get too preachy, I just find it hilarious and absurd when people suggest I should respect all peoples' beliefs equally. Some beliefs, I can respect (I believe I'll make myself a sandwich), others I don't (women should cover their bodies and hide their sexuality because sex is evil and jesus loves you). Blindly accepting all beliefs as equally worthy of respect is, well, insane.

And yeah, that site was funny as hell. :tank:

<--- goes to get popcorn for the soon to be ensuing flamewar

EvilTOJ, pop me a bag, will ya? I'll be watching right along with you. I hope we're not disappointed.

Evan! I appreciate your ability to find the most mundane websites and/or articles for our enjoyment, but how do you do it? Did you wake up one day and say "I'm gonna look for religiously and sexually repressed swimwear today"? Or are these the kinds of targeted ads you get? If so, what kind of web sites are you normally looking at?

EvilTOJ, pop me a bag, will ya? I'll be watching right along with you. I hope we're not disappointed.

Do I usually disappoint? Who's better than inciting a countdown to thread-lockage than me? :p

Evan! I appreciate your ability to find the most mundane websites and/or articles for our enjoyment, but how do you do it? Did you wake up one day and say "I'm gonna look for religiously and sexually repressed swimwear today"? Or are these the kinds of targeted ads you get? If so, what kind of web sites are you normally looking at?

A master never reveals his secrets...;)

It's been almost 2 hours since Evan's post and there's no carnage yet?

I want to know what king ******-rod is doing babbling about his beliefs at 6:39 in the morning. :D

This thread is my reward for chickening out on the whole Hale-Bop comet thing. I was gonna do it, but I still had some beers in the fridge. :)

It's been almost 2 hours since Evan's post and there's no carnage yet?

I want to know what king ******-rod is doing babbling about his beliefs at 6:39 in the morning. :D

A master inciter never sleeps! There's flame wars to start, and I'm supposed to be resting?

What he is saying is that it is His company...

Shhhh...fundies and puritans are an effin' gold mine, dude.

Speaking of which, don't forget to check out my new site, http://www.babyjesuspopsicles.com! Try all 10 flavors today...from Frankensteincense to Blue-Raspberry-Myrrh!

No, sorry, I don't and never have claimed to respect everyone's beliefs equally. Do you respect the beliefs of those people who killed themselves to get aboard the spaceship that was hiding hale-bop comet as much as you respect, say, jim-bob's beliefs about jesus and stuff? How about Charles Manson's beliefs? How about the belief that women are inferior and shall be subservient slaves to their "owners"?

I could go on. Not to get too preachy, I just find it hilarious and absurd when people suggest I should respect all peoples' beliefs equally. Some beliefs, I can respect (I believe I'll make myself a sandwich), others I don't (women should cover their bodies and hide their sexuality because sex is evil and jesus loves you). Blindly accepting all beliefs as equally worthy of respect is, well, insane.

And yeah, that site was funny as hell. :tank:
Y'all are brutalizin me! ;)

Back