Where can I get a tower w/o faucets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veganbrewer

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting a Sanyo 4912 or something similar to get into the kegging business. It sounds like the Perlick or Shirron/Ventmatic faucets are the ones to get, but I can't find a tower (I want a dual tower) that doesn't come with basic faucets already. I figure a tower without the faucets should be $30+ less than one with them.

Where can I buy a tower that's upgraded to good faucets or that comes without faucets?

Or am I just being dumb -- do I need the parts that come with the basic faucets (shanks, gooseneck fittings, keg connects), that I'd spend $30+ buying that stuff individually?

Are the basic faucets good enough anyways?

thanks
-dan

I looked around a bunch for that exact thing because I've got a shirron and a stout faucet I wanted to use, I ended up buying a double tap tower from beveragefactory.com on ebay for 99$. Works great. They even used 5' of 3/16 tubing on the faucets so I didn't have to change it and I think that may be the best price anywhere. You can get a tower with no hardware from acumetalfab.com for 50.72 (12" tall) or 64.25 (14") but you'd have to source the interior parts which will put you close to the 99$ mark for the beveragefactory.com tower. I figure I can turn the faucets that came with the tower around on ebay for a few bucks and be ahead.

As an addendum: the acumetalfab tower is stainless, a bonus. Elbow shanks from micromatic run 20$ each for chrome plated or $28 for stainless.

FWIW...I have the SS tower from Acumetalfab....it totally rocks.

They did raise their prices recently, but still reasonable for what you get. I really like the look of brushed stainless of chrome.

I got my double tower from Northern Brewer. I asked if they would swap out the std. faucets with the shirron - they gladly did and gave me 100% credit for the cost of the std. faucets. Total including shipping = $ 196.00
I've always (2+ years) gotten good service & products from NB.

Back