Backyard Brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful pub man..you'll make lotsa memories in that space...Maybe you can eventually put up a few more TVs?

I'm looking forward to seeing the brewery part of the build.
Congratulations to The Saints, that was a hell of a game.

holy ****, that is one fantastic looking brewpub! you oughtta open that place up for business!

The stainless 'cap' is on, and the iron footrail for the bar.
We will be ready for the superbowl! The only thing that may not be in, is the kitchen sink,literally. The faucet that I ordered is not in yet.

stainlesscap.jpg

footrail.jpg

I hope thats not the treadmills permanant home! Unless SWMBO is running away from you while brewing, thats a good view.

1) What's the square footage of this compared to, oh say, your home? (did the home get demoted to "pool house"? I know my wife wouldn't use the home's kitchen anymore, lol)

The house nothing overboard (like this). It's 2300sqft.
We built it 13 years ago and spent as much on the CTT as the house.

2) Do you charge a cover to pay for this?

Cover? That the thing I'll throw over you when we leave for the night and you're passed out on the floor :)

Looks soooo damn awesome, and congrats on a perfect christening!!![/QUOTE]

The tread mill moves around. From the corner of CTT, to the patio, to the room where the pool table was in , in the house.
I don't walk on it as much as move it :)

Can We get a close up or a,ink to that Iron footrail? I'm designing my bar, a normal person bar, not a Layne bar, and am looking at several options :D

The tread mill moves around. From the corner of CTT, to the patio, to the room where the pool table was in , in the house.
I don't walk on it as much as move it :)

Good then, that treadmill motor and speed controller makes for a great high HP constant speed unit that you can vari the speed running your grain mill. Your talking 1 to 3 HP zone. They have a LED shutter wheel for constant speed no matter the different loads applied. Many are curbside items these days. Sorry way off topic.
Hey you could of had a mountain lion move in under the house, called survival to stay warm can't blame the animals instints can you? You would do the same lost in the mountains breaking into a empty cabin to seek shelter, the cabin owner then have the right to shot you I ask? Here kitty kitty OH CHIT it's bigger than me!. Not to restart a pissing war, like posed above and use wire meshing your totally done with. I would also box in the ducting in even with just cheap 1/4" plywood to help prevent drafts across the ducting adding more R rating and heat and heating bill savings over the long run.

Good then, that treadmill motor and speed controller makes for a great high HP constant speed unit that you can vari the speed running your grain mill. Your talking 1 to 3 HP zone. They have a LED shutter wheel for constant speed no matter the different loads applied. Many are curbside items these days. Sorry way off topic.
Hey you could of had a mountain lion move in under the house, called survival to stay warm can't blame the animals instints can you? You would do the same lost in the mountains breaking into a empty cabin to seek shelter, the cabin owner then have the right to shot you I ask? Here kitty kitty OH CHIT it's bigger than me!. Not to restart a pissing war, like posed above and use wire meshing your totally done with. I would also box in the ducting in even with just cheap 1/4" plywood to help prevent drafts across the ducting adding more R rating and heat and heating bill savings over the long run.

Lol, I think you're lost. Try the brew lean-to down the way.

Not the first time, blame it on ADD i'm sticking to this as the reason.
I told the wife once I by accident double hit the "add to purchase order" when I ordered more corny's. War department wasn't too pleased when she found two boxes for 8 cornys on the porch from the "Brown Truck Santa".

I showed my wife the pictures of your brewpub, and she sat here with her mouth hanging open. And, without prompting, told me that if we ever have the space and the money, I can build one of these, too! I can only assume that she doesn't think we'll ever have both of those things...

This place is BadAss!

I showed my wife the pictures of your brewpub, and she sat here with her mouth hanging open. And, without prompting, told me that if we ever have the space and the money, I can build one of these, too! I can only assume that she doesn't think we'll ever have both of those things...

This place is BadAss!

HAHA! I had the same discussion with my wife. She probably thinks it's a safe bet - until that lottery ticket pulls through.

Here are a couple pics of the foot rail as promised.
Plain ole inch and a half iron pipe from the hardware store.
Cut and welded the corners and braces.
bb549e36.jpg

bb549e36.jpg

For the guys that talked about a cold room. This funny looking light on the wall next to my bar, is a circuit for future use. A cold room, a bedroom, an addition, ect. There is a headder behind that wall, so a door can be put in with minimal effort. And we have electricty there waiting
02d64033.jpg

All that's left is the siding on the outside, the SS vent hood, and a table that my brother in law is building out of some leftover pieces of beams and some pecky cypress.
Oh, the to build a brew system. Maybe utilize my keggle and two ten gal coolers, and maybe something completely different. :)

No I don't stand corrected as layne said the treadmill gets moved around more than used by his reply number 485 read it, hence why my suggestion to turn it into something more useful like powering a grain mill. WTF is the "brew lean-to down the way" about I must ask you?

No I don't stand corrected as layne said the treadmill gets moved around more than used by his reply number 485 read it, hence why my suggestion to turn it into something more useful like powering a grain mill. WTF is the "brew lean-to down the way" about I must ask you?

You were talking about cats going under the house...

Wildwest's thread...

Bueller? Bueller?

You were talking about cats going under the house...

Wildwest's thread...

Bueller? Bueller?

Yup a big mistake on my part as I stopped in the middle of the reply then came back 45 minutes later thinking that cat thread instead. I apologize me bad.

I must add I have a 12' x 40" section of bowling alley in storage the past 25 years, this would make a bar top but heavy as hell plus loaded with nails.

All that's left is the siding on the outside, the SS vent hood, and a table that my brother in law is building out of some leftover pieces of beams and some pecky cypress.
Oh, the to build a brew system. Maybe utilize my keggle and two ten gal coolers, and maybe something completely different. :)

Thanks for the footrail pics.
You can't use a cooler brew system in this nice ass place! You've limited yourself to Blichman kettles, or Polished Keggles at the very least!

I think I'm leaning towads something different.
I still don't know what. Herms, Rims, coolers,keggles,pots, ect.

I like the idea of havin the room clear for non brewing events. A 6 foot sculpture would spend a lot of time being pushed arround, or sticking out in the way. (imagine, I should have built it bigger) :)

I thinking maybe a two pot/keggle system ( https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/kill-watt-brewery-build-compilation-158348/ )
That I could put on my big stove (plenty BTUs), then store in the closet or on to a cooler when not in use.
Just thinkin out loud.

I like the idea of havin the room clear for non brewing events. A 6 foot sculpture would spend a lot of time being pushed arround, or sticking out in the way. (imagine, I should have built it bigger) :)

I thinking maybe a two pot/keggle system ( https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/kill-watt-brewery-build-compilation-158348/ )
That I could put on my big stove (plenty BTUs), then store in the closet or on to a cooler when not in use.
Just thinkin out loud.
Powering it with that nice stove would be very economical, however, you'd have to modify it to accept input from the PID or BCS, which you may not want to do.

Unless you were doing manual control...

I don't know. I'm electronically challanged.
Maybe I'll just make it a manual control system.
I'm not afraid of work, just want to make it simple to use and repeatable.
I'm not afraid of spending money, but don't want to spend any foolishly.

Buying Pol's system, or contracting him to build one that suits your needs, would be money well spent.

That being said, I think wiring a servo controlled gas valve into your stove that can be overridden when not in use, and plugged into a PID controller/BCS when brewing, would be friggin awesome.

You could save the cost and space of burners and a stand while still being able to use the stove for anything else. Hmmm, now you've got me thinking...

You're makin' my head hurt!
Now how am I gonna brew in my coolers after thinking about Pol's Blingmans on my stove?
:)

Your this far why not a BCS system it's not like your scratch building your own NASA computer program. Put it this way, take a 3 million dollar car being restored for Pebble Beach then us rattle can spray paint for the finish as an example. No your not spending big money foolishly on a automated system either just one that repeats nats azz. JMO's.

Just thinkin out loud.

oh, I think I misunderstood.... I thought this was a BREW pub, not a playhouse next to the pool.... I was expecting a brewery on par with the building it would be placed in...

anyway, nice party room.

Oh man, for the first time since this project started, I think I've fallen below expectations in here. So much for my moment in the spotlight. :) I guess I made it too small :eek:

It will be used for a party room much more than the once a month brewing, so yes, the brewery will not stand up to the standards of the Party room, unless it is something really cool like Pols rig. Then it can be CTT worthy, but also can be out of the way when not needed.

Building a system that covers your needs is much more important than building one that meets our expectations of you.

Oh man, for the first time since this project started, I think I've fallen below expectations in here. So much for my moment in the spotlight. :) I guess I made it too small :eek:

It will be used for a party room much more than the once a month brewing, so yes, the brewery will not stand up to the standards of the Party room, unless it is something really cool like Pols rig. Then it can be CTT worthy, but also can be out of the way when not needed.

Sorry.. I was just bustin your chops a bit.... I really was looking forward to seeing a magnificent brewing area in there. but it's all good. It's a great place, and who knows one day you may get a bug to put in something that will surprise us all...

Wow! I can't believe I didn't look through this before! I am kind of glad, since it was so nice to read through the whole thing and see the progress.

We have a boat house (no boat) in our place that we have been talking about redoing to accommodate our need for a pool table on premises (did you mention the dimensions of the table after? I was curious too...) and of course build a bar in. Now I am wondering if adding a kitchen to the mix wouldn't solve my tiny kitchen in the house issue... (We wouldn't really have the space, the boat shed is only 26'x32')

I think that it is a great build! (Even if it is more of a Backyard Pub than Brewpub :D)

Wow! I can't believe I didn't look through this before! I am kind of glad, since it was so nice to read through the whole thing and see the progress.

We have a boat house (no boat) in our place that we have been talking about redoing to accommodate our need for a pool table on premises (did you mention the dimensions of the table after? I was curious too...) and of course build a bar in. Now I am wondering if adding a kitchen to the mix wouldn't solve my tiny kitchen in the house issue... (We wouldn't really have the space, the boat shed is only 26'x32')

I think that it is a great build! (Even if it is more of a Backyard Pub than Brewpub :D)

Can I have your "only 26'x32' " boat shed? In my area a vacant lot 40' x 125' to 140' deep runs around $400K in this depressed market.

Latest posts

Back