Is it wrong to RDWHAHB before church?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j1laskey

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have to go to a rehearsal dinner for a buddies wedding tonight. I plan on going home and sipping on a few strong ales before the church...who's with me?

depends on the Church, I guess. Not all churches (Christian and otherwise) are teetotalers. That's actually a relatively recent development in Christian circles

The SWMBO just texted me and asked if I wanted to have some hb before the church...either she is stalking me, or she is one in a million....nice

I can't even walk past a church without my skin blistering and puss filled boils appearing on my gonads. If it were me, I'd certainly need a beer.

If there is a God, he/she/other is responsible for beer. I see no blasphemy in it. Although you may wish to apply the "everything in moderation" rule (as with driving) for the occasion. Showing your arse in church is probably not going to win you any style points with the flock. "So sayeth the shepherd!"

Depends on the church. However, if they truly adhere to the doctrine they profess, they shouldn't judge you. ;)

Heck, I homebrew as a witnessing ministry with some guys in my Bible study group. We get two or three believers together to brew and invite our non-church going friends to show that you cna still have a good time and keep it clean.

I can't even walk past a church without my skin blistering and puss filled boils appearing on my gonads. If it were me, I'd certainly need a beer.

Ahhh, thought I'd recognized you...

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

My tribe introduces males to the grape at the age of eight days. I must admit that I am more of a member by heritage than by conviction, but I would certainly not think twice about a rehearsal dinner.

depends on the Church, I guess. Not all churches (Christian and otherwise) are teetotalers. That's actually a relatively recent development in Christian circles

actually i don't think so.... folks like to point at the puritans, but they were moderate alcohol consumption.

don't get me wrong, i've met plenty of "a man of God has no business drinking alcohol, going to movies, or listening to music with beats on 2 and 4) christians, but they are an exception, not the rule.

If I'm not mistaken, we owe a lot to catholic monks for pioneering beer/wine brewing techniques. I think they even did this in their churches.

Do what you feel is right and rest assured in the comfort of knowing no matter what the hell the issue is, SOMEBODY will have a problem with it.

And they'll most likely start a bunch of **** about, too.

Lot's of people RDWHAHB at church every day at this church. http://www.churchbrew.com/

I used to hit this place up all the time before I moved to the dirty south.

We have a brewry in an old church in campbellford. churchkey brewry.. good beer to bad I can only get one kind from them at the lcbo. they have a awesome smoked beer.

I'd rather be brewing while thinking about God than in church thinking about brewing. Same is true for riding a motorcycle.

As you might imagine, I don't make it to church much. ;) Besides which, El Hubbo's cloven hooves start to smoke as soon as he steps into the sanctuary.

I always thought that it's OK to start drinking once McDonald's stops serving breakfast. I could be wrong though, I usually am.

Wait, wait.

I consider the Belgians to be one of the world's foremost authorities on beer. As they serve witbier with their crepes and waffles in the morning, I consider beer a valid drink 24 hours a day! :mug:

Wait, wait.

I consider the Belgians to be one of the world's foremost authorities on beer. As they serve witbier with their crepes and waffles in the morning, I consider beer a valid drink 24 hours a day! :mug:

I stand corrected, duly noted in my mental notes, I will skip my morning coffee and go that route, I will keep you posted how my days go from here on out, I cant wait to have a homebrew with my morning pepper and egg sandwich at work on first break..... :ban:

Nah, heck, the Episcopalians just re-issued the guidelines for serving beer at the church. You gotta love the rebel Anglicans.

Back