Confession: I stole from my LHBS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzombiekitty

Reaction score
.... by accident.

A couple weeks ago, my LHBS had a chili cook off. I brought over a couple cooler bags with chili and some beer I had made along with me. I came home a little tipsy and just threw the bags in the kitchen. This past weekend I'm cleaning up the kitchen and go to finally put away the bags when I notice my carboy brush is amongst the bags. I figured it was from my room mates leaving it out when they bottled their beer and went to scold them for not putting my equipment away. I grab the brush, and then notice... it's a bottle brush, not a carboy brush. I don't own a bottle brush.

It seems that the brush fell off the display table and right into my bag. Oooops.

Yes, I did sheepishly return the brush.

I confess, I did also. I hijacked the yeast from a growler of their IPA... Was told it was WL001. Been using it happily for a few months now. Have had a few laughs with them over it. Lovin brew science!!

Every time I go to the LHBS I buy ingredients that allows me to make beer much cheaper than what I could buy it for.

They also sell beer there, so in essence I'm stealing from them. You might not think the way I do, but I get a small thrill out of it.

I hope they whipped you, or just thanked you. I'm fine with either.

Back