messed up my hop schedual

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybrewer09

Reaction score
Well everything was going good, until my wort started to boil and I added my first addition of hops. They were not supposed to go in till 15 min left. I have my FWH and now I have .5 oz of simcoe and Amarillo. But now I'm missing my 15 min addition.
Guess ill go weigh out another ounce of hops and add them. This should be a real hop monster.

If you have more, go for it. Your early hops will be upping the bitterness, but you'll still have something good. How much did you drop early? And what are you making? An ounce of each of those even with FWH will still put you in APA land, and easily IPA, but for you want that you definitely want to get some FO hops and/or dry hops in the game.

Hop monsters aren't even born until you've got 6+ oz in the boil, and they need at least 2 more in the fermenter to mature. :)

I FWH. With and oz of simcoe.
Then a half oz of Amarillo and simcoe at 60,15,5 and FO ..and going to DH With the same.
Oh and its an IPA. As you can tell by the hops..lol
This is going to be about 105 IBU's....dang!!!

I FWH. With and oz of simcoe.
Then a half oz of Amarillo and simcoe at 60,15,5 and FO ..and going to DH With the same.
Oh and its an IPA. As you can tell by the hops..lol
This is going to be about 105 IBU's....dang!!!

Latest posts

Back