tight fit of the gas and bev adaptors on one of my cornies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Hi There,

Some time ago I ordered 4 non-reconditioned Pepsi kegs from Morebeer. For one of them (the only one with blue handles, if this matters) I have to use considerable force to get the ball lock adapters on and off. And yes I'm putting them onto the correct terminal. For the gas-in terminal, this even ruined the o-ring.

Are there slight differences in the sizes of the gas and bev terminals possible? What can I do ?

Kai

Have a means to measure the circumference of them (micrometer) to see if there is a difference? What about the poppet's; they working ok? I once replaced the poppets and didn't have one in correctly somehow and through similar "considerable force" wrecked the poppet.

desertBrew said:
Have a means to measure the circumference of them (micrometer) to see if there is a difference? What about the poppet's; they working ok? I once replaced the poppets and didn't have one in correctly somehow and through similar "considerable force" wrecked the poppet.

Yes, I have to find my sliding gauge for measuring the circumfence. The proppets work ok though.

Kai

my connections on my keg I have had for 5+ years have recently tightened up bigtime for some reason. I suggest taking everything apart and boiling/lubricating to see if it helps before you send something back--it might be that simple if you are lucky.

Clean everything and lubricate. Some people don't believe in lube, but too much friction isn't good.

Back