Can I keg now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolobrewman

Reaction score
Here's something I've not run into yet. I've brewed a recipe that says I can keg or bottle after 14 days. It's 14 days now and the fermentation doesn't seem to be done. Airlock still bubbling although only about once a minute. Question is, should I wait until it stops or can I keg it now?

The only way to know for sure if your done fermenting is to take two hydrometer samples a couple days apart and see if the gravity dropped... If it stays the same, you're ready to keg.

I personally always go three weeks in the primary before kegging regardless of what the recipe says. There are many many threads on here that talk about waiting that extra week or so.

Take a hydro reading today and then again in a couple of days. If it's different then you'll know it's not done.

Wow, this forum is amazing. Quick replies and I'm kicking myself right now because I knew the answer and must have had a brain freeze or maybe because I only brew occasionally. Taking a reading now and will take another on Sunday. Thanks guys!!!

Latest posts

Back