For those of us who grew up in the 70s and early 80s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schneemann

Reaction score
And have kids.

Its hilarious to sometimes catch 70s actors doing kids shows. I remember when my first kid was born, how amazed I was to hear George Carlin doing narration on Thomas the Tank Engine.

Today I'm watching TV with my girls and a show called Oswald comes on Nickelodeon. Oswald is an Octopus voiced by Fred Savage. But even funnier than that is his friend Henry, a penguin, voiced by 'Squiggy'. In this episode, his cousin Louie is played by 'Lenny'.

ROFL

And have kids.

Its hilarious to sometimes catch 70s actors doing kids shows. I remember when my first kid was born, how amazed I was to hear George Carlin doing narration on Thomas the Tank Engine.

Today I'm watching TV with my girls and a show called Oswald comes on Nickelodeon. Oswald is an Octopus voiced by Fred Savage. But even funnier than that is his friend Henry, a penguin, voiced by 'Squiggy'. In this episode, his cousin Louie is played by 'Lenny'.

ROFL

:D What a trip. I guess a jobs a job. :)

Never mind all the "reunion" tours by bands who's only purpose is their own mortgage.

There are still instances of the voiceover crossovers going on today too. Billy West, who most people would recognize as Fry from Futurama, is also the voice of Elevan on Jungle Junction. I was shocked when I looked up his name on Wikipedia to find out he's everywhere!

Futurama: Zoidberg, Farnsworth, and Zap Brannigan
Commercials: the red M&M and the Honey Nut Cheerios bee
Ren and Stimpy: both Ren AND Stimpy, and Mr. Horse
Doug: Doug and Roger
Space Jam: Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd (he has also provided those voices in most recent productions)

Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) has done quite a bit of voice-over work in cartoons and video games as well.

I've been educating my 15 year old daughter on music of the 70's and 80's. The other day she asked me to get her some Black Sabbath. I almost cried. :D

Child-rearing; you're doing it right.

Latest posts

Back