Saison du Buff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatepickingnames

Reaction score
Just cracked a victory and gotta say well done. Not a traditional saison at all but they picked a good base style.

Anyone else try? Its a colab between dfh, stone, and victory. All three bottle it. I suppose there are suble differances,i only have the victory. Herbal infused with rosemary, but i def taste basil. Crystal clear, straw/copper in color. Herbal nose and taste. Clean short finish. herbs dominate a this ballanced beer. Pretty good.

I would say it's more of an herbal beer than a saison. From memory, I dont remember getting any saison qualities really, just a **** ton of rosemary.. perhaps a bit too much at that.

I brewed a clone with 3711, and it definitely has Saison character. The herbs were very strong at first (the wort smelled like chicken stock lol), but have mellowed nicely now after a few months.

Yummy stuff.

I just cracked one open from Stone tonight, it was hazy colored, but otherwise exactly as described. Extremely herbal, lots of rosemary, it was interesting and had a little bit of saison type funk to it, but overall I don't think it was for me.

I hate every saison I've ever tried but I love this beer (must not be very saison-y). I tried the victory last year: Great rosemary aroma and taste. Clean and refreshing.

Back