First Brew since Mr.Beer kit Brown Ale ext with grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

th3NvS

Reaction score
So this is my first brew and I'm excited to get started on it. I have for gotten what specialty grains they gave me but they are milled together and we will try that with the Brown Ale extract kit.

ForumRunner_20130212_145739.jpg

ForumRunner_20130212_145636.jpg

more to come as we go along the recipe list and can't wait to see how it comes out
Any suggestions on how to make it maybe a little bit more flavorful and nutty?

The best way to make a flavorful beer is with proper procedures. For a more nutty character I would add some Victory malt, which may or may not already be in the specialty grains you have.

I really wish i could remember, there's crystal 120l, coffee malt, roasted barley, and some others
Getting started broke my thermometer and ruined the water before adding any grains. So now got more water and getting back to it.

ForumRunner_20130212_175552.jpg

ForumRunner_20130212_175552.jpg

My wort, prior to hops

ForumRunner_20130212_200555.jpg

ForumRunner_20130212_202033.jpg

So hops n hazel nuts for twenty five minutes. Let's go tastes like chocolate even my three year old thought it was coco. Lol love it smells amazing

Well everything went well fermenting has slowed, still smells good thru the air lock, can't wait

Back