sinamar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heferly

Reaction score
Note to self: THOROUGHLY shake keg after racking onto sinamar before drawing a sample to check SRM...

Good thing i bought 4 oz...all 2 oz came out with the draw

Next note to self, add more carafa special to mash in CDA (or black ipa, whichever nomenclature you prefer...) to avoid using sinamar

When using Sinamar in moderation - i.e. 1-2 oz per 5 gal, does it impart any flavor to the brew or is it all just color and no taste?

I'll tell you in a week! But smelling it leads me to believe it wont add too much, if any, taste. It's basically concentrated carafa special.

I didn't plan on using it, but i used too little carafa in the mash and ended up missing my srm by 10 or so.

I'll update when it's carbed...not too much info on it on hbt!

i too used this in my black IPA and i did notice a very very small amount of taste from it. it wasnt unplesent at all just added the slightest hint of dark malt flavor which i think helped. I really screwed this batch up, i brewed the night before i was getting married and i got totally wasted and nothing came out right i ended up making a great beer but i had to add sinamar and isohop extract to this batch

I have a baltic porter lagering that I'd like to darken up. Does anyone have any experience adding Sinamar cold-side post fermentation? If so, can it be added directly to the fermenter/keg or does it need to be boiled to sanitize? I can't seem to find any official information about this on Weyermann's website.

It's sterile as far as i recall, so you can add it to the keg. You could always call and ask, though. I got mine from rebel brewer

When I added it directly to the keg I thought I detected a kind of chalky mouthfell and flavor. I might have been imagining it, though. I started boiling it for a minute with a little bit lf water and didn't notice that again. I might have been imagining the whole thing, though.

Back