How long can i leave it???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midd

Reaction score
Evening :)
I have a beer kit fermenting that will be ready to bottle in 48 hours. Problem is, I'm going away
For a week!
Can I leave it for that long after fermentation has stopped? I'm worried that there won't be any active yeast left for carbonation?
Any help appreciated.

Evening :)
I have a beer kit fermenting that will be ready to bottle in 48 hours. Problem is, I'm going away
For a week!
Can I leave it for that long after fermentation has stopped? I'm worried that there won't be any active yeast left for carbonation?
Any help appreciated.

I've left a batch in my fermenter for 9 weeks and it carbonated fine. Don't rush your brew. It tastes better when it has time to complete the cleanup and settle out.

1 month in primary is no big deal. Biggest lesson I learned was not to rush the beer to kegging. Used to do it in 10 days max. That was a mistake. :drunk:

I know people who have left beer in the fermenter for 6 MONTHS on big brews. I personally recommend 3 weeks to a month even for regular recipes. An extra week (or 10) will not hurt anything at all, and will most likely result in BETTER beer, because the yeast will keep working on "cleaning up" after fermentation is finished.

Go out of town, don't worry about the beer, and bottle it when you get back.

Latest posts

Back