King Cobra Extract Kit.....???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corn sugar, pale malt DME, a mute lager yeast and a very small amount of somewhat funky but neutral hops.

EDIT: Or prehopped extract with sugar already added...single can thing...with a basic lager yeast. :D

I know a bum who will pee into your fermenter for about $20.

After he pees, you have to carb and drink at around 78* F.

Hahaha, I used to drink this stuff when I was younger. Didn't know anything about beer aside from cheap is good and cheap and strong is better...making me gravitate towards cases of Icehouse and other cheap swill.

For a malt liquor it is pretty offensive, and that is saying a lot. I'd say the recipe is something like this:

-Random amount of Corn Sugar
-Hay
-Dried Corn
-Hop Pellets
-Water from a bathroom sink
-Cooking yeast

I know a bum who will pee into your fermenter for about $20.
I'll do it for $5 as long as you provide the fuel for the urin (beer).

Hahaha, I used to drink this stuff when I was younger. Didn't know anything about beer aside from cheap is good and cheap and strong is better...making me gravitate towards cases of Icehouse and other cheap swill.
My cheap beer fix was Magnum. I used to pick up a 40 oz or two of that and add a half a bottle or mor of Spatan Optimator to both and drink them both in one night (did that for a year or three before I got into good beer). Actually made a pritty decent tasting drink...well...not decent, but better than what it was. :drunk:

I'll do it for $5 as long as you provide the fuel for the urin (beer).

My cheap beer fix was Magnum. I used to pick up a 40 oz or two of that and add a half a bottle or mor of Spatan Optimator to both and drink them both in one night (did that for a year or three before I got into good beer). Actually made a pritty decent tasting drink...well...not decent, but better than what it was. :drunk:

Man, I'm with the icehouse man. I used to drink the **** outa that crap.

Last summer I went from drinking my home brew to having a malt liquor kick. Me and my brew buddy were total beer geeks and as his palate grew I would buy things like Hurricane High gravity and serve it to him in a pint glass saying it was some pretty serious Belgian ale or an imperial pilsner. Some of us have a cheap sense of humor I suppose. :D

And Magnum is actually decent, I mean it isn't good but for $2 bucks you get a 40.

Last summer I went from drinking my home brew to having a malt liquor kick. Me and my brew buddy were total beer geeks and as his palate grew I would buy things like Hurricane High gravity and serve it to him in a pint glass saying it was some pretty serious Belgian ale or an imperial pilsner. Some of us have a cheap sense of humor I suppose. :D

And Magnum is actually decent, I mean it isn't good but for $2 bucks you get a 40.

$2 for a 40oz. Magnum of $2 for a 12oz. Old Rasputin? I'll take the Putin.

I'd take the putin too but you can't compare a 120 watt marshall valve state half stack to a 30 watt of superior sound quality. Or something. :rockin:

Cobra = best 40 imo. Tastes like a sucker to me (the candy). Can't beat 40oz of candy-tasting, higher than average ABV beer for only 1.89. It's the beer I drink after 2 good beers to continue my buzz.

Me and my ex lived off of hurricane high gravity for a few months. It was $1.09 for a 24 ounce can. Man, those were the days. Before beer meant something that actually could taste good you know?

And King Cobra 40s? If I could find one I'd get it for the novelty factor. Kind of like when I see a 40 of colt 45. The malt liquor gangsterism comes over me! No but seriously, nothing wrong with a trip down memory lane. This thread is actually making me crave 211 or Natural Ice.

To get back on topic, have any of you brewed a malt liquor?

What do breweries actually use to make malt liquor? Are they like "hey, lets use the least amount of ingredients and make the strongest beer we can." Which makes me think, why don't these companies make 40s of cheap imperial stout for like $3 or any kind of ale for that matter? Closest thing I've found is Sheaf Stout and it's decent.

I think it takes more money to make a maltier tasting beverage like a stout. Why do that when they can use cheap adjuncts that only boost alcohol content without adding flavor. Isn't that after all what many people are looking for.

I personally remember a long time ago tasting a fat tire and thinking that was a strong beer.

Lol.

Fat tire is what got me into micro brews. Though time and alcohol have dulled my memory I too thought it was strong.

Back