Building a Gas Manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kord78

Reaction score
Hiya all!

So I have been kicking around the idea of building my own LP gas manifold; here is what I have so far:

1) I want to use 1" square tube for the manifold - (I posted a question about this in another area and this is a point of contention, someone posted "DON'T, suare tube is not rated for gas". That makes me a bit nervous, but confused as I see numerous folks using square tube for a manifold, including brutus.)

2) One 3/4" MTP for the gas intake - (I think that this is overkill, but a plumber friend of mine thinks it necessary as 2 210K burners will be attached. Thoughts/insight?)

3) Two 1/2" MTP for dual Honeywell intermittent pilot gas valve setups - (I am wondering if 1/2" is too big, but same friend seems to think not. Thoughts/insight?)

4) This is the tricky part. I am wondering if they make motorize proportional control valves that could go after the Honeywell valves that would allow me to open/restrict flow from a dial on the control panel rather than via a manual knob on the the gas line. I have been looking, but with no luck - one person called me back and quoted $700 for something like that!! Thoughts/insights on this would be great!

And if anyone wants to post up images of their gas manifold/control valve set ups (with quick break down), that would really help too!

Thanks all, now back to the research for me!

Back