BG14 question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warndogg

Reaction score
So forgive me if this has already been asked. I'm trying to figure out what regulators you guys using with the BG14 burner. I recently had to switch to LP from NG because I moved. I bought a low pressure regulator off another member here but I'm not sure what kind it is. I'm using a little ball valve LP orifice I bought from Williams Brew, but I can't get a good blue flame. Also, I have messed with the air shutter on the burner itself with no luck. Any ideas? It has to be my regular right?

Whoa! Back the truck up!

Domestic NG runs around 0.4 psi. A 30psi regulator on NG will do exactly squat wrt powering a BG14. I doubt you'd even get the burner to burp.

Most likely the burner isn't getting sufficient gas flow for the venturi to actually pull in sufficient make-up air. What is needed is a high volume 11" WC regulator, followed by that Williams needle valve/orifice combo.

Should set things right, as long as the NG line being tapped can provide sufficient gas flow to begin with...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back