must... have... more... BARLEY WINE!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
ah crap. There goes the beer "cellar" again.

I can not drink just one. :drunk:

Hopefully I will be stopping in at Ryan and Casey's again during the holiday travels. :mug:

Just cracked open my BBC Holidale. Not bad. I have had better barley wines but it was decent. Talked my local package store into getting at least a case of it in so I can grab a few.

So, what's next? Great Divide's Old Ruffian or Thomas Hooker's Old Marley?

Man, it is probably a good thing I can not buy barley wines locally. I keep asking but my package store is not always able to find. The distributor told them that SN Bigfoot is only available at the brewery. BULLSH!T! Oh well.

There is always the Vermonster. Though the price keeps creeping up on that. Guess I better buy a case before it goes any higher!

Stop you from buying beer? No we are here for encouragement. Go get some BARLEYWINE!!

Stop you from buying beer? No we are here for encouragement. Go get some BARLEYWINE!!

No. stop me from drinking what I have so that it can age gracefully and I can build up a cellar, and, and...

mmmmmm. Barley wine.
drooling-3.gif

Who are we to stop you from enjoying all this glorious barleywine?

ALL this barley wine currently consists of the 2 aforementioned bottles plus one other a Stone old Guardian, which I have had before and therefore am able to resist slightly easier.

3 friggin' bottles. That is actually a pretty "big" stash for me considering my willpower!

I can't exert the strength to encourage you to cellar your barleywines. It is taking all the restraint I have kept my last bottle of Old Stock for the past two months.

Tell ya what, ship them all to me and I'll store them for ya...in meh bellah! :ban:

Have... resisted... this ... LONG.

uh, pant pant pant.

Just finished shoveling the slushy snow from the driveway. MMMmmmm Barley wine sounds really good.

I figure, I can just replace them if I like them next time I pass that way. Trouble is, there is a distinct possibility they will not have anymore as it seems barley wines are really a short seasonal for most breweries. When I look for them most times a year there are NONE at any beer store, no matter how good a selection. I can not understand why people do not seem to want barley wine year round. I know I do.

OH that is GOOD!

Man, mixed emotions here. Kind of sad it is open, but oh my how yummy!

This is my second Great Divide beer and I am in love.

I remember taking notes on the first. Hercules double IPA. It was strangely an erotic experience :confused:

We shall see how Old Ruffian does me soon. :tank:

Man I hope I can get more. Like a case or so...

Oh, that was wonderful.

My wife came home early and I was still sipping my Old Ruffian. She brought a really F*ing fantastic chocolate truffle home for me.

I enjoyed it with the barley wine...

Nearly orgasmic. Then I had a nice nap after dinner.

I am happy. :)

Oh, that was wonderful.

My wife came home early and I was still sipping my Old Ruffian. She brought a really F*ing fantastic chocolate truffle home for me.

I enjoyed it with the barley wine...

Nearly orgasmic. Then I had a nice nap after dinner.

I am happy. :)

You should have gotten something else after your wife came home :D

Back