grain mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CG72

Reaction score
Barley crusher or monster mill?
I know the barley crusher is cheaper, but is it as good? Or is this a get what you pay for kind of thing?

Get what you pay for.

Monster Mill Stand.jpg

I bought a barley crusher last Christmas. Also bought a 1/2" industrial low speed drill from harbor freight. Eventually, I'll get around to building a mount for it but, for now, I don't see the need. Works great! Haven't had any problems with it.

My brew buddy has a barley crusher and I opted for the monster. I used his while I saved up for my monster, now his is broke and he has ordered a monster. Like it what was said above, but nice or twice. I recommend buying from monster directly.

I have the Barley Crusher and am very happy with it. I have approx 30 brews on it and consistently in the 80's for efficiency.

Lots of threads on this topic. I've posted before that my barley crusher does a good job. It is still working just fine. I've done about 15 batches on it now with no complaints.

Back