Batch Size Conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djfriesen

Reaction score
Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I am brand new (call it 5 days) to homebrewing and am quite limited on equipment. I currently only have a 1-gal carboy and am looking for a way to scale down some of the great recipes I've found here to work with my setup. Is this something that is as easy as dividing the items on the grain bill by the appropriate factor? Is there software that does this easily? My SWMBO is excited for a good porter, so being able to scale down Airborne's award-winning Atonement recipe is pretty important to me/us right now. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Dan

Most software like beersmith has a scaling tool. But it really is easy to do...ingredient are scalable. For a 2.5 gallon batch use half the ingredients, for a 1 gallon batch use 1 5th the ingredients if it's a 5 gallon recipe.

It's really not difficult.

Thanks for the reply. I had assumed this was the case, but it's better to ask beforehand.

Latest posts

Back