Shake my bottles to re-activate yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgurf1

Reaction score
I left my belgian style ale sitting in the primary for... well, longer than I expected. About 2 months. During this time, it got pretty hot in NYC. I just bottled, and I'm wondering should I lightly shake the bottles in a few days to help the yeast carbonate my beers? Or should I just leave them in longer? HELP!!!!!

If you just bottled, what yeast you racked is still pretty much in suspension. Give it time to work the magic.

Wait at least 3 weeks before trying your beer and if there is no yeast cake on the bottom of your sample bottle then try rotating/flipping the bottle over several times and place in a warner place around 68-70 F for 1-2 weeks. I did this for a few batchs that did not carb very well and this fixed the problem within a month. This is not my solution but a method given to me by supporters on this forum.

Back