"Your backyard was hard to mow...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howabouttheiris

Reaction score
... with those ant hills all over the place. Nearly wrecked my blade."

How about that for a quote you do not want to hear 10 days after planting and carefully mounding the soil around each one.

Aarrrgggghhhh!!!!! Guess I should have put some flags or fences up.

They were still in the ground, so hopefully I did not loose too much if any starting sprouts.

You would think that neatly mounded, and most likely mulched, mounds would at least be worth asking about...

Naaa.... not a service, a relative that thought they were doing a good deed.

Arrived unannounced and mowed my yard (1st cutting of the year up here).

In their defence, this was not in my grassed front lawn, but in my gardening field. It does look pretty rough over there. It was however only 10' from my garden, so a tilled spot should have been a tip-off.

... with those ant hills all over the place. Nearly wrecked my blade."

How about that for a quote you do not want to hear 10 days after planting and carefully mounding the soil around each one.

Aarrrgggghhhh!!!!! Guess I should have put some flags or fences up.

They were still in the ground, so hopefully I did not loose too much if any starting sprouts.

Same thing happened to me except I didn't mound them... I had planted 60 Marquette wine grape vines all properly spaced 8 feet apart in 4 rows of 15 vines each. Maybe half of them survived.

One of the local farmers has a brother that mowed his backyard (about 10 acres), as a favor

including 4000 Douglas Fir seedlings!

Glad your rhizomes were deep enough.

Had a friend come by with his tractor and he mowed over several raspberry bushes that were grouped together in a mulched area.

Said he didn't see them.

He also didn't notice running over the 6 foot shepherds pole which was right in front of the bushes.

Had a friend come by with his tractor and he mowed over several raspberry bushes that were grouped together in a mulched area.

Said he didn't see them.

He also didn't notice running over the 6 foot shepherds pole which was right in front of the bushes.

Hmm, yes, those six foot poles can sneak up on ya' if you're not careful!

Dear Neighbor,

I stopped by today and tidied your yard. There were a couple of dogs in it, which i shot for you. I dumped their bodies in that large puddle full of fish and lily pads, then filled the puddle in with a big patch of dirt that was infested with onions and tomatoes.

No need to thank me,
Sincerely,
Thick Larry

Back