DIY MLT manifold questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munkee915

Reaction score
I decided to build a DIY copper manifold in a square cooler due to higher costs for a round 10 gal cooler and false bottom. Took some left over pipe i had but i didnt feel like cutting a billion slits w/ my dremel or hacksaw, then i thought about using the pipe cutter. Figured if i just gave it a few half turns it should cut the slits without all the mess of a dremel/hacksaw and i can do it while sitting down and watching Walking Dead or something. This is what I ended up with after a few test cuts:

2z4xwg9.jpg

ilahwg.jpg

mjl1s6.jpg

Want to get your idea if these slits will cut it (no pun intended) for a manifold. The cuts are currently about 1/3" apart. Is that a good spacing for them? Also, I'm not supposed to solder the manifold together right? Just slip fit it?

I think I may do something similar for a sparge arm using some left over copper coil. How far apart should the cuts be in the sparge arm?

I used that exact method when I built mine, worked great. Another tip is to put the manifold in with the slits facing down for less chance of it clogging.

Latest posts

Back